Worst piston pics

BustedassYZ

Apr 6, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
So who has the worst looking piston they pulled outta their blaster? Melted, broken skirt, broken rings, hole in the top etc... Or any other catastrophic engine failure

Lets see some carnage. I'll start it off.

0411001739.jpg

0411001740a.jpg

0411001740.jpg

toooo lean exhaust side melted then the piston skirt started to slap and broke then it seized. just a guess sweeet:D the piston skirt slapped out on mine broke then fell into the crank case and punched a hole thru to the counterbalancer sorry no pics tho.

oh, i've got quite a collection, just recovered some of them from ken oconnor racing, and some at home, i'll have us a nice lineup later, and explain what happened to each

060620101137.jpg

060620101136.jpg

From my old '92 blasty, still have my other one going strong.

it revved up really high for no reason one day, then shut off and siezed, and when I took it apart, pieces of cylinder were everywhere, and the piston was pretty much shattered.

It had a 350 main jet in it when she blew up lol. After I saw what jet was in it I called the guy I bought it from, he said he had the shop put the biggest jet in it so it would make the most power 8-|

I wasn't riding it when it took a dump. Idk for sure what happened when it did, but I had been running it real hard for a few hrs straight, then my buddy took it out with a fat girl on back. Between that and it was still oil injected at the time the oil must have been really thinned out with all the extra fuel.