WORKS the good and the bad

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
Well, many of you know that i bought some trx250r WORKS triple rate remote rezi shocks of ebay, just to find them to leak, classic case of too good to be true, seeing as i only paid 150 for them.

so i decided to go all out with them and get them totally re-worked and perfectly dialed for my weight and the geometry of the tater extended arms i have.. Spoke to the guys at works a couple times. They were great and very helpful, and could tell strove for the best, even from you haha.

well i just got them back. They were generous enough to give me 20% off, for reasons i dont know. however, the bill was still rather large. Upon recieving them, i found out why.

Here is a pic of the shocks as they sit now

ohtor8.jpg

and here are all the parts replaced lol they were in rough shape

28shas.jpg

Damn bro! so they replaced everything but the casings- Well at least They are in Pristine shape now! Ya better get a second Job!

Good quality work is never free.lol Glad to see you got them worked out and ready to go.They look great now.Mind if I ask what the raping cost you??

Well, a regualr gas and oil is 80, and then u get into parts, and mine needed a lot of em lol.

Final cost was 279 :eek: well atleast they are new now lol

They were done by an engineer also, not just a tech, now I just need to find a powder coater around here and get the springs done

$279 is good.I would be happy with that.I was thinking you spent alot more than that.Now go ride them bad boys!!!!! and when you are done drink a nice Bud Light!!!!!hahahahahaha

$279 is good.I would be happy with that.I was thinking you spent alot more than that.Now go ride them bad boys!!!!! and when you are done drink a nice Bud Light!!!!!hahahahahaha

Damn budlight fans just can seem to keep them away!!!!

look great whitty! it'll be worth every penny when you get them on the quad

WORKS has always been GREAT on the phone whenever i needed help

wow, shafts are usually pretty pricey, I'd say you got let off easy for that much tho, you could have gotten new ones probably just about with that total, specially seeing as how you didn't get the resi's/bodies repolished and you still need to get the springs coated.. :(

my fronts on my 250 need a rebuild so I've been debating just getting different shocks as well :(

you paid what so far $400? was that all with 3x shipping? to you, to works, back from works? and to get them powdered the springs and time for polishing the bodies/resi's.

I need to get mine rebuilt is one of the main reasons I'm trying to figure it out. I don't wanna pay $300+ (shipping to and from HI is $100 each way) my fronts on my 450 ran me $1,000 and they're only revalves :( so I'm really trying not to make that mistake again, I did the same thing, got um off ebay for a killer deal then ended up getting them rebuilt and costing bank... wish I'd of got stock travel floats since they make um for my ltr450... stupid but eh, too late now.