Wont idle without the choke

D

danodmano

I got my Blaster running last night after replacing the plug and cleaning
the air filter. Now when it warms up and I turn off the choke, it dies within 10 seconds.

I have a stud missing on the exhaust flange out of the head. Will a loose exhaust cause the problem I am having? The male end threads on the Yoke are stripped out and I need to either redrill and tap it or healy coil it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any help!I:I

Yes, the exhaust might be a problem due to loss of backpressure... For example, if you completely take the exhaust headers out of a Toyota Tacoma, the torque will drop steeply due to the loss of exhaust backpressure.

Are there gaskets that I need? Where can I buy stuff for my blaster? A website maybe, or just the Yamaha dealer?/

Thanks for the help

Its just a flange. Your lacal yamaha dealer might have it, depending on what pipe it is. The dealer should have most anything you need to replace stock and some after market stuff. Try cleaning your carb to. Even if it doesn't fix the problem its good to do.

Is cleaning the carb easy? Is there a process or just disassemble clean and replace? Do you have any aftermarket blaster websites?

Thanks

Just get a carburetor kit... If you're too lazy to do that, Seafoam or MMO is always there...

All right!! Thanks for the link, now I'll be dangerous:-D

Merry Christmas

I shop alot at rockymountainatv.com but am also about to order a carb from project blaster. Looks like a good site, but ill let you know how it eventually turns out. Duncan racing, Alba, etc. Go buy a dirtwheels mag and flip through it. lots o' goodies!