will not idle no matter what i do

Bblaster69

May 11, 2009
clayton NC
i have a 96 blaster all stock it will start right up in a kick or 2 but have to keeping tapping the gas to stay running. ive tried turning the idle screw all the way to the left and right and tried turning the air/fuel screw all the way in and all the way out. it runs the same. i can go through the gears and it runs strong if im just putting around it is real jerky. ive put in new spark plug the reeds look ok and have cleaned the carb out like 5 or 6 times no trash in carb and tried unplugin the tor system. still wont idle any ideas please

well start by turning the air screw in all the way then out 1 1/2 turns out. then fiddle with the idle screw on the tors unit. remeber when ur doing idle, change it, give the throttle a quick rev, it resets it and it goes to where you just set it. sometimes dont need to but do that for best testing.

well start by turning the air screw in all the way then out 1 1/2 turns out. then fiddle with the idle screw on the tors unit. remeber when ur doing idle, change it, give the throttle a quick rev, it resets it and it goes to where you just set it. sometimes dont need to but do that for best testing.

yeah, i agree. adjust the idle screw, than rev it. it tooke me like a couple weeks to figure that out back last year when i got the blaster....shhh:eek:

thanks a lot guys i was getting really pissed off at it. but i just about got it if i put the chocke on half it idles good when i push it in thats when it starts to rev up. i will keep messing with till i get it right.

I adjusted it all the way in. it has a little bit of slack in the lever. still nothing the best i can get is air/fuel screw all the way in and choke on half idles good. the actual idle screw doesnt do anything

After I unpluged the tors it idles really high the best I can get is the air/fuel screw all the way in and choke on half I think my idle screw is messed up it does nothing

yes about 5 or 6 times. i bought the vitos tors eliminator kit today off ebay soon as i get it im going to put it together and see what happens ill let you now how it goes.