Wide Grab Bar ?

the grab bar is not intended for keeping you from flipping off in a wheelie. if you did ever do that it would rip your grab bar off and cause damage to the frame. the one you posted is mainly used for looks and to give an area for storage on the back not for wheelie control. but i would definatly recommend the grab bar.

the grab bar is not intended for keeping you from flipping off in a wheelie. if you did ever do that it would rip your grab bar off and cause damage to the frame. the one you posted is mainly used for looks and to give an area for storage on the back not for wheelie control. but i would definatly recommend the grab bar.

i disagree with this to a point....that bar on ebay looks like a nice buy and they do save you from going over backwards if needed.....i have a prm grab bar and it is nice and strong

ATV Skid plates By PRM Products Aluminum ATV Accesories

i disagree with this to a point....that bar on ebay looks like a nice buy and they do save you from going over backwards if needed.....i have a prm grab bar and it is nice and strong

ATV Skid plates By PRM Products Aluminum ATV Accesories

yes it is strong while on the bike. but the moment you get to far back on the wheelie the grab bar will touch the ground and c'mon they bolt up to a frame that has a small hole and a nut on the other side. not mounted to carry a person or keep your bike off its lid, so like i say its good for storage not wheelie control. but by all means you can use them for wheeelie control and dont blame me when you rip your tail end off.

yes it is strong while on the bike. but the moment you get to far back on the wheelie the grab bar will touch the ground and c'mon they bolt up to a frame that has a small hole and a nut on the other side. not mounted to carry a person or keep your bike off its lid, so like i say its good for storage not wheelie control. but by all means you can use them for wheeelie control and dont blame me when you rip your tail end off.

Right you both got a good point. And i contemplated both. Now sure if you slam the ass end into the ground then it would tear the grab bar up or bend the frame for sure. Im not looking to drag the grab bar while doing wheelies. Im just thinking if i went too far back it would be alot better than flipping over, and busting the plastics and the pipe up.

really. i think grab bars are pretty safe for riding wheelie on, i ride around on mine all day log without a bend,seriously i doubt you have ever broke a grab bar or had the balls to try to ride around on it with a wheelie, if you have never had it happen to you don't tell people false info, also matt, my sugestion is if your a good welder, just build yourself a heavy duty sick grab bar and throw in some heavy duty bolds and vuala, let me tell you, you will not bend that frame unless you are goning onto asphalt and slamming it back onto the grab bar as hard as you can, aslo if you don't have the ability or patience to make one i would cheack out a cooler rack, that way you can bring a six pack along for the ride:)!!

you got to get a long grabbar
bad idea. a longer grab bar is goin to be weaker. if its longer it will be easier to bend. and break

i went thru about 5 grab bars on my blaster....all broke in various ways. wheelies, lifting up by the grab bar, dropping the bike and it hitting a tailgate....i've done it. you want a sturdy grab bar for sure. the wider ones help you when you need to lift it. makes it easier....

ok thought you were talking about using the grab bar as the idea of a wheelie bar. in which case it would break, but if you dont plan on using it for that i stand corrected. but always stay clear from dragging the grab bar even on dirt as even the smallest catch on a rock and it'll ruin your day. but "to each his own" if you feel safer with a long grab go for it. if you feel safer having something there to keep you from wheelieng off go for it. i feel safe keeping my bike from doing wheelies and i dont have to worry bout it flipping over on me(guess thats the easy fix).