whats jets to use on 28m pwk?♥

dont you have a shop locally? my local shop will trade me jets even up. if you want to sell it let me know. good luck!

thats what i figured.. i ordered all the jets u suggested so it should be here the day after tmrw. today i started to get it all ready and stretched the airbox boot to get it over the carb. i honed the insides out too bc i wasnt too happy about the humps so dremel'd it. while im at it im gonna pull the rear plastic out as far as i can since i got it out. oh BTW i have another question. the needle where the main jet goes into.. theres no #s on it and at 1st i thought it was the pilot but idk what it is.. correct me if im wrong but the pilot is kinda in the cut where u gotta take he bowl off to get to it right? unline the main i could just screw the bottom off.
DSCF0523.jpg
DSCF0521.jpg

hey demo do you have a thread on what you did to convert your oil tank to a reserve tank. Sry not trying to thread jack

let us know how it goes and how ya like the carb I:I
ps when you post pictures after you post one link hit the enter button so it moves to the next line so theyt arnt beside each other
example
what your doing hretfuhrencjdfnvjhfwenugptgijgvwnw%;vjfvdiojwhfhfujgvikwlvfvjtuigvojgviopjfvfijdviorw
percent symbol shows where they should seperate
what you should do
hdh34672yhi4yufejwfqlrhnvufughu7hretfuhre%
ncjdfnvjhfwenugptgijgvwnw;vjfvdiojw

right demo, the main is the jet that the needle goes into and the pilot is a little more difficult to get to you need to take the bowl off to access it. good work!

pickledbeats, no i didnt have a thread on how i converted the tank. its simple actually. its not what u think tho i didnt run a line or anything. i thought about getting a another petcock and add the line from the oil bottle and the gas line, to the valve then a line to the carb so when i need the reserve i could just switch the valve but i didnt feel like doing it lol so i used wing bolts on the bottle and when ever i need it i'd just take it off the bottle and dump it in my gas tank although i never ran outta gas where i needed to do this

Huduack, i did do that space for the pics but the pics are too large to fit side by side unless i resize them in photobucket but thanks for tip :D

BTW, i STILL wasnt satisfied with the boot over the carb bc it left like a hump. so heat gun the bastard again and jammed a wet glass beer bottle in it as far as i can to open it up and let it sit over night, now its perfect actually a little wider but perfect. now all i need is the damn jets to come in im dying to feel the results. oh and i have VF2 so the carb wouldnt even hit the clutch arm I:I clears perfect. no spacers necessary or tilting

another NOoob question.. the AF screw.. theres a spring on it. i know im supposed have it between 1 and 2.5 turns out. but when i screw it in all the way the spring coils way too much like its not supposed to be screwed too tightly and starts to overlap. or am I on the wrong screw?? the screw is plastic btw idk if thats norm. heres the pic. where i have the screw driver pointed at. btw i havent started to dial it in yet im just preparing for it. jets will be in thurs.
IMG_20110426_140832-1.jpg

im back... i got all the jets in today and stuck in the 160 main and 60 pilot. waaaay too rich.bogging and wouldnt even wanna idle. i had to adjust the idle a bit to keep it from dying but it started raining so i'll stop til tmw. the twist throttle almost made me crash into my neighbors benz! im not used to it. i think im gonna have to bring the thumb back.. so anyway i gotta read up again on dialing this baby in more..

Last edited:
Wow, its crazy how results vary like that.

But its also crazy how humidity and elevation screw with your jetting. I have a 28 PWK, Im running the stock airbox with a UNI style filter, I have a Wiesco piston, .020 overbored (might be .040 overbored, pretty sure its just 20 tho), and aftermarket reeds (not sure which ones - they were on the bike when I got it). Im running a 145 main, and a 42 pilot with needle in the middle. Im at 4200 feet base, and I ride between 4000 and 10000 feet with the jetting I have. Still yet to foul a plug since dialing it in last season.

Tony, you mentioned the needle jet and adjusting the midrange. Lets say I have a slight bog in my low end/midrange area, and my pilot jet doesnt seem to affect it. Would you say I need to bring my needle down, or raise it up? Id think raise it up right? Maybe it isnt getting enough juice down there?

yea my jetting is a hot mess right now. but its a gorgeous day out and im gonna go work on it now. as far as ur midrange from what i read and heard u would wanna drop the needle clip and see how goes. maybe ure too lean and should drop a size on the main especially since the weather is changing

so i ran with the 45 pilot and 150 main. i think i found my sweet spot on those jets. 40 pilot was giving my bike hiccups in the 1/2 throttle. i might order a 42 pilot and a 152 to properly dial it in.. or is 43 and 153.. idk whichever one it is