whats jets to use on 28m pwk?♥

Demo4o1

Jan 29, 2011
Providence, RI
www.facebook.com
I just ordered a carb off a 02 kawi kx85 and i believe those are 28mm pwks. (i hope) so now im waiting for it in the mail. now idk nothing about these carbs. been dealing with stock one. i read and read on this topic and from i saw i guess 45 pilot and like 150 main would be ok. so i thought i ask the pros for advice. im listing my engine mods here so u guys dont have to look at my sig:

FMF fatty paired with turbinecore2 SST
K&n no lid
VF2
advance timing+4

so what jets should i order?

that sounds ABOUT right. your missing 2 key elements, elevation and temp(roughly 0-500ft. and about 50-60 degrees?). rhode HIGHland pretty much shares our east coast weather so for the spring, id look towards maybe some 160 mains, and 50 pilots. clip in the middle. and go from there. that should be pretty spot on. order from jetsrus.com and order a handful from 150's to 160's, and order yourself pilots from 45-55.

my elevation is sea level i believe. as for the temp yea ure right its like 40-60 for spring here. now as far as the jets do they come in even numbers like stock carbs? i know the pilots are the ones thats gonna cost the most. i bought from jetsrus before and im not feeling how they charge like $5 to ship a jet so i was getting them from ebay.

at my local race shop mains and pilots cost the same
i got mine dialed in with a 165main and a 52 pilot for the spring up here , but i have some elevation on you.
and i have a pwk 28mm as well.

Buy a 40, 45 and 50 pilot. And a 145, 150, 155, and 160 main.

Thats a good spread and there are still sizes between for fine tuning if necessary. Keihin jets come in 0, 2, 5, and 8 increments (example: 140, 142, 145, 148)

if i had known this was this complicated i wouldnt never bought the carb..X( i appreciate the help but damn it seems like alotta sh*t to do to get it right. it took me like a week to dial in my stock carb.. the price u gotta pay for upgrading and time put in. fml. another member suggested i run with a 36 pilot or around there. i'll be spending like 100 in jets before i get it right and honestly im not gonna do that. i guess i'll do a little more research but if its too much work and $ im just gonna sell the carb.

You want more power but are not willing to jet the carburetor? You may want to put the stock carburetor (and all the other stock parts for that matter) back on the quad.

If you are willing to put in the time (and a few bucks for jets) you can follow royalt's suggestions for jetting. His numbers sound really close. A 55 and a 160 sound a little fat to me. You can start there but if you're really rich with those jets, you'll be dropping down quite a bit and won't reuse those jets (because they may be too large for even the coldest of winter time). If you get the range royalt suggested, I have a feeling you'll be much closer to your final jetting numbers.

isnt this fantastic i got my carb in the mail today, very clean btw. i open to check the jets and the pilot is a 45 and the main is a 140! that kx85 this carb came off of mustve had some big mods. im gonna try to run it tmrw. would be fkn GUREATT if these jets dialed in just right! haha we'll see tmrw

If the carb got you excited on how clean it was, imagine how tickled you will be when you open that box with a new piston in it. Not telling you what to do but, that 140 main will not be big enough with a pipe and no airbox lid.

There's jets on eBay for a kit for like 20 bucks and comes with 10 different jets from the sizes you pick there from the people that sell the oko carbs and those are what I use and there the same as genuine keihin jets, i did a plug chop with a 160 keihin jet and the oko 160 and the plug was identical

Yea I saw that package deal on ebay but those jets look different.. and when I crossed referenced the
#s with jetsrus they didn't match so I wasn't sure if the ones on ebay would fit. Didn't wanna waste time oredering the wrong ones plus I think they were from thailand too so u know the shipping would take forever