What do you guys think?

Hutch

Jun 25, 2012
Alright, well as it looks now, it seems as I have either blown the crank or crank bearing...maybe both. If so, what would be more worth it to sell? Part it out? or fix it and sell it? This thing has just been to much of a pain to deal with, every week there is something else wrong with it, I just want to get rid of it! Im looking at 400ex's. Id like to sell it and my sled and hopefully get a 400. The sled I have is probably going to be a 600 bill...hopefully. Any who, what do you guys think?

People are going to kill me for this and I'm sure there will be further bashing but..... The 400EX is a nice machine. I'd get one as a trail quad. So if thats what appeals to yah, go for it!

People are going to kill me for this and I'm sure there will be further bashing but..... The 400EX is a nice machine. I'd get one as a trail quad. So if thats what appeals to yah, go for it!

Yea they are nice machines. And I do know how to build and maintain a 2 stroke, the guy before me didnt and Im now paying for it, and its expensive.

What all have you had to do to yours since you've had it? I had a pretty nice 400ex before I bought my Blasters and have never regretted the choice to make the change but I'm a 2 stroke guy.

It happens sometimes, you get a lemon. Problems will keep coming! I know the feeling! 1st day i had mine it dropped a valve, then a seal went bad, then the battery, twice!
I say sell it and find a nice 400ex... or even a nice 300ex if you can't find an 05+ 400ex... If you want reverse..

In my opinion, putting a lot of money into a quad that you will soon grow out of (most likely :D) just isn't practical.

you can see the differance between the 2 in my signature, the 400ex on the left, blaster on right.

I've said this since getting a Chinese quad through the blasters to my x, it gets expensive, aggravating, and I've thought countless times wat the heck did I get into, but give it alittle while and when it's done at least you know whats new, who did it. Trust me I've had some real pos quads and even the blaster bastard I picked up recently. Yours seems like its worth fixing but just my 2 cents.

dont buy a 4-poke! sell your sled and your blaster how it is now and then buy a properly built and maintained blaster.

Don't tell him what to do!!!!
character0218.gif

I wouldn't limit myself to 2 strokes... I've had a 110, 300ex, 400ex, and blaster... The 300ex was my favorite trail quad.... Something to look at!

Heres a pic for old times sake :D

picture.php

That was an 05, It fit me perfect! If your used to the blaster, the 400 will seem like your humping your back over to reach the handel bars good. The 300 has wiggle room! Definitely a cruiser that one! And that Hmf pipe really made the world of differance for me! Just such a cruiser!! I'm starting to miss it lol

*edit- and that, BY FAR was the cheapest quad to maintain, i bought it from the 2nd owner, my buddy, it hadn't been raced, it wasn't TO old, and it hadn't been rode TO hard. No smoke or creaks... My blaster has been OK, but it is what it is. I will say the hondas suspension was a huge improvement...

Just go find some used quads, start sitting on them, or go test ride a few on craigslist, doesn't cost nothing to look!

Well we figured out that the motor is shot... So I either have to part it out of fix it for $300

i have to know....is that 24mm keihin race carb you have listed correct ???

I see alot of threads, that want to know what should I do, 4stroke? 2 stroke?
Here is how i see it through my experience,
I have both, a blaster and a raptor, The raptor was bought new in 08 and i have had zero issues other than awk mountain stealing parts from it., my daughter kissing a tree, maintainence wise, change oil, filter, keep carb clean, grease suspension regularly, adjust the valves regularly (not as hard as it sounds), and keep the battery charged. It's now 4 years and it runs awesome!

The blasters, I built both frame up new, I've had few learing curves to get over, the biggest for me was carb jetting, once you learn that it's all down hill, these guys on here- been there done that, and helped me through everything. Some of the same basic maintenace as 4 strokes, oil changes, chassis lube, filter, carb cleaning, LEAKTESTING, compression testing. a little more to maintain it but man the power is awesome!

I think you already have in your mind what you will do just go for it, don't just leave this site because you don't own a blaster!

i have to know....is that 24mm keihin race carb you have listed correct ???

Yes sir, But it does confuse me... The stocker is 26 and the Keihin is 24, but it dosent fit into the stock boot. DUNNA!

As for choosing 4 or 2 stroke, Im not really opposed to either side, but 4 storke is easier to deal with IMO.

Well it looks like Im going to be parting my blasty, Im trying to get the most bang for my buck

go for the kfx. much better quad than the ex. more powerful. more advanced motor. and reverse. if you can get a 05+ it has piggyback shocks

buy a used trx or lt250r go out on a limb maybe you can find a motor on ebay.imo i love blasters sooo much you can do if you make bout 2 to 2,500 on your sales bargain for a banshee. 2 strokes are so aggresive there motors talk to me. 4 strokes geunt too much for me but a 400ex is the best for a 4poke used anyway. other than a raptor 700 with efi. they rip, my friend had one he rode the piss out of it. lol