what carb should I run

or are you saying this is exactly what I am needing for my setup?

The specs I listed are what a few of us have proven to work on 34/35mm keihins.

Must....#6 slide.
Cel needle for lower elevations, DHG for higher altitudes
45-50 pilots
145-155 mains

Will put most mild to semi wild builds in the ballpark

Reactions: Wifesblaster
just type in cel keihin needle in ebay i got mine there for $9 with free shipping i would get bigger main jets then 155 if you ride in the winter with my mods listed on my profile i run with a 34 pj #6 slide 48 pilot cel on bottom clip and 172 main in 20 to 40 degree range iam probably gonna go down a main jet size or 2 when it gets warmer ... just to give you an example

This is a 200cc build with a Toomey.
I run a 155 summer and 162 winter with a right bend pipe.

Mid 150's should be plenty for the mods listed in this thread.
But plug chop to be sure.

Man just pricing all that stuff out I'd be looking at like $250+ just for the carb.....then another 125 for the air box....anyone got a money tree I can come pick from?;)

Man just pricing all that stuff out I'd be looking at like $250+ just for the carb.....then another 125 for the air box....anyone got a money tree I can come pick from?;)

Welcome to my problem! I got a 240 cylinder and +3 crank nearly given to me but I just ended up paying a grand in motor work, reeds, air box, carb, intake manifold and other various things.

then just stick with the stock carb, as stated more than once in this thread, it will work well for your mods

AWK has expressed the best advice here in that it is not just a question of swapping a carb but also tuning it. If you don't know how to read plugs or what a slide or a pilot do, it might be a bit soon be swapping carbs. Building a KILLA motor is much more expensive than you think if you don't know these things.

Steve

Well don't make me sound incompetent, i know what a slide and pilot are, and I was a ch53 heli engine builder in the USMC.....personally I have never had any fourwheeler motor built until now, & I was merely just asking what carb would work best in the application that I am using it in, I've been jetting dirtbike for years, not a question if I know what I'm doing....think I'm sticking to stock for now...just here for advise that's all...

Well don't make me sound incompetent, i know what a slide and pilot are, and I was a ch53 heli engine builder in the USMC.....personally I have never had any fourwheeler motor built until now, & I was merely just asking what carb would work best in the application that I am using it in, I've been jetting dirtbike for years, not a question if I know what I'm doing....think I'm sticking to stock for now...just here for advise that's all...

No one was trying to say you don't know what you are doing, just trying to make sure that you aren't going in blind without any kind of knowledge or experience in the matter. Building motors correctly takes a lot of time, knowledge, research, and patience and the carb can get frustrating at times when you have to take it out and apart 20 times to find the perfect jetting with all the components involved in the carb. Sounds like you just want to make the carb a future project that is done with time.

Thanks for your service btw!

Yea definitely not jumping in blind, it's just that I know carbs give me a headache, and they can be a pain in the rear...I just wanted some ballpark figures to get me in the range, where I wouldn't pull all my hair out....I've been there before....Its not pretty or fun....lol no harm no foul.....ohhh and it was a pleasure to serve my country:)

I've had 2 bbk blasters, one done by LRD over 20 years ago and the current one done by KOR. The LRD was just the bbk, porting and the pipe that went with the kit. I ran the stock carb on that motor and it ran great. I don't remember what the jetting was for that motor, been too long. My current one has a +3 crank in addition to everything the other one had. I run a 34 keihin on it donated by a atc 250r. Runs great. After reading through all the posts in this thread I'm curious as to how it would run with the carb tuning mentioned above.
I don't think you can go wrong either way. You can always start off with the stock and upgrade to larger later down the road since building these kinds of motors is exactly cheap.

No, didn't mean to make you sound incompetent.
Your question makes perfect sense now.
There is a common thread in most male pursuits to "go big or go home".
Bigger tires, bigger ports, bigger bores and of course bigger carbs.
These engines are so simple and easy to work on that you can try mods one at a time to see what really works.

This is what I would really suggest.

Steve