What carb size should I run?

Preston LaTray

Jul 31, 2019
I'm gonna have a top end heavy port on a 240 kit with a stroker crank and a redesigned head. It's gonna be built to the nines (don't worry, it's my own money that I make working minimum wage). I was thinking a 30mm flat slide would work but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks,
Preston

I'm gonna have a top end heavy port on a 240 kit with a stroker crank and a redesigned head. It's gonna be built to the nines (don't worry, it's my own money that I make working minimum wage). I was thinking a 30mm flat slide would work but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks,
Preston

that could work but jetting info will be scarce if at all.
most everyone running heavily modded stock or 240 cylinders are running Keihin PWK 33/35/36mm carbs.
and we have the jetting figured out on them.

If you're going to order it new, get the jetting right when ordering

#6 slide
48 thru 52 pilots
DGH or CEL needle depending on elevation
155 thru 170 mains

that could work but jetting info will be scarce if at all.
most everyone running heavily modded stock or 240 cylinders are running Keihin PWK 33/35/36mm carbs.
and we have the jetting figured out on them.

If you're going to order it new, get the jetting right when ordering

#6 slide
48 thru 52 pilots
DGH or CEL needle depending on elevation
155 thru 170 mains

Ok I'll look into them. I also looked into the lectron 36mm high velocity. What are your opinions on that? I hate jetting 2 strokes and anything that would lessen the amount of work involved with that would be well worth the money to me

If you're worried about jetting you should have left it stock :p
IMHO I'd stick with a PWK, way more info on here for those. Lectrons are great carbs, but unless the supplier is willing to work with you on set-up :rolleyes: