Vito or LA Sleeve

luvs2jeep

Jan 5, 2011
Mason, WV
Wanted to know which is better the Vito big bore or the LA Sleeve I see many people say the LA sleeve is the way to go but why? If this has already been asked im sorry to be a noob lol thanks for any help.

LA sleeve BBK. Redesighned jug with a 250R reed cage setup.Vito, seems to not have good quality control. A larger sleeve put into a stock jug.

vitos use the same port design as a stock blaster but has triple exhaust ports so its a little better than a stock sleeved cylinder but it comes with a junky cast pistion

la sleeve use a better design from what i hear uses a 250r reed cage the la kit comes with a forged pistion waaaay better than cast and the la bbk come with reed cage

yes it is i wish i could remember how much. i ordered mine with the forged but this was before i knew about la sleeve's. this was almost a year ago...

L.A. Sleeve! For sure. That's what I'll be getting sooner or later. Skip the Vito's... spend a couple more bucks and get the 'Sleeve.

actually now that i think about it, the forged piston that i got was a wiesco and from what i understand they are out of stock so maybe at the moment you cant get one with a forged piston....:(

wiseco quit making bbk pistons. and this shouldnt even be a question as the la sleeve is so much better than the vitos in every way shape and form

I haven't had ANY of the problems that people say about the Vito's. Quite frankly, I see them as myths. Granted, I have smoked a cast piston in my from when I didn't know about 2 strokes but I ran down a dirt road pinned for about 10 minutes. The piston melted down, blew the rings apart and thrashed my crank bearings. But when the guy tore it down there was so little damage done to it that he didn't even need to really bore it. He just honed and deglazed the cylinder wall. And the rumors about the bad porting are wrong at least with people that I know of. My buddies got his done from Vito's and it's one of the cleanest jobs I've seen. So about Vito's, I support the BBK's 100%! Don't believe everything you hear. Vito's is cheap and reliable. And Vito's DOES make a forged piston for all bore sizes. They are pretty cheap too.

Last edited:
I haven't had ANY of the problems that people say about the Vito's. Quite frankly, I see them as myths. Granted, I have smoked a cast piston in my from when I didn't know about 2 strokes but I ran down a dirt road pinned for about 10 minutes. The piston melted down, blew the rings apart and thrashed my crank bearings. But when the guy tore it down there was so little damage done to it that he didn't even need to really bore it. He just honed and deglazed the cylinder wall. And the rumors about the bad porting are wrong at least with people that I know of. My buddies got his done from Vito's and it's one of the cleanest jobs I've seen. So about Vito's, I support the BBK's 100%! Don't believe everything you hear. Vito's is cheap and reliable. And Vito's DOES make a forged piston for all bore sizes. They are pretty cheap too.

get ur head outta the clouds have u not sen the pics on here about all the off centered and crooked spark plugs, spun sleeves , craters in teh intake area ???? those are not myths rather they are cold hard fact proving pictures !!! then look at the fact the la sleeve deal is less than 100.00 more than a vitos

get ur head outta the clouds have u not sen the pics on here about all the off centered and crooked spark plugs, spun sleeves , craters in teh intake area ???? those are not myths rather they are cold hard fact proving pictures !!! then look at the fact the la sleeve deal is less than 100.00 more than a vitos

That is my experience. But I have the LA with Vito's components. The piston, crank, and everything else is Vito's and it's not a bad job at all. Many of my friends run both Vito's components AND sleeves. No problems yet with proper maintenece.

Vitos 240bbk this is what you get.lol Now I run one and like it for what it is,but it needed alot of knife work to run good.It still hauls the mail for sure,but an la sleeve is days away.

Hows this look.lol

2kx0o.jpg

That is my experience. But I have the LA with Vito's components. The piston, crank, and everything else is Vito's and it's not a bad job at all. Many of my friends run both Vito's components AND sleeves. No problems yet with proper maintenece.

How do you have an la sleeve with vitos components??Are you saying you run vitos pistons???or a vitos sleeve in an la cylinder(lol good luck to that)??a vitos crank????

were talking about the la sleeve /ct 240 redesigned head and jug not a la sleeve cylinder sleeve kit

and every vitos stroker crank i have seen has been out of true