twist throttle

I had the twist on my black bike for a couple weeks before it sold...

All i have to say is that im glad i dont on my new one... I have troubles letting off with my thumb throttle to stay down

i've always found it easier to give more precise control on a ATV with a thumb throttle, in any situation. have you ever stepped off to the side or the front of a atv to get it unstuck, while giving it throttle? so much easier with a thumb throttle. on the other hand, i would never think of putting a thumb throttle on my motorcycle.

I am running a twist on mine. I am a big fan so far. I have always owned dirtbikes and street bikes. The thumb throttle was never really in my comfort zone. I'm glad I switched!
I have 2 Yamaha jet ski that have thumb throttles and no clutch . I have a 900 sportbike twist grip that's fine. But the thumb throttle does not feel right to me on this Blaster . Ive watch several videos of owners riding and racing Blasters . The ones with thumb throttles are constantly reving the motor all the time and did not ride as controlled as others were. So I may be glad I switched like you did .

I put a twist on the ct bike cause I always rode dirtbikes. . I put the thumb throttle back on just because it felt wierd on a 4 wheeler to me..but I also screwed up n didnt order a 1/4 turn twist and I had to twist back to far for full throttle n felt like it could be an accident waiting to happen..but whatever someone feels comfortable with is all that matters..I'll give the twist another go round once i get use to this molested monkey blastersaurus

Take care for the first few rides, you have to learn to use it.

I bet it will give you a few quick adrenaline rushes until you learn its little quirks.
The new twist grip throttle came today . I got a cheap one for $15 to see if I like it ,:) or face certain death ?:confused:

Take it easy for the first few rides, when you get used to it you will like it.

Remember to hold it wrist low, not high like on a two wheeler.

I put a twist on the ct bike cause I always rode dirtbikes. . I put the thumb throttle back on just because it felt wierd on a 4 wheeler to me..but I also screwed up n didnt order a 1/4 turn twist and I had to twist back to far for full throttle n felt like it could be an accident waiting to happen..but whatever someone feels comfortable with is all that matters..I'll give the twist another go round once i get use to this molested monkey blastersaurus

So I will have to agree with the above post... the more I rode with the thumb throttle the more I liked it. The place I ride has a woods course and an small oval track . I used the TWIST one day and the THUMB the next.

Woods course ..Slower 2,3,and 4th gears.
The thumb throttle is easy to blip and scoot around trees. Slowing down quickly , just let go of the thumb and reach for the front brake hard , unlike a bike the front washes very little. Good control , faster than twisting wrist. I made sure Blaster would idle so it would not shut off on tight turns like it would sometimes using the twister.

Oval Track... Faster 4 and 5th gears.
Slides but front stays planted with air adjusted (unlike dirtrack bikes ). Rear kicks out more with use of the rear brake, like a dirttrack bike. I can see that trying to reach twist throttle with bars at full lock is kinda hard, since you are sitting down/ leaning.. There is a small and a large jump in the infield that can be jumped either way.On this, the thumb throttle proved harder to control since you do not have a firm grip .Here, I could see where the twist could be better than the thumb, more so if it was a full MX track. We plan to add more jumps to the track infield and woods faster sections later this year.