tranny window?

purpleblaster

Feb 20, 2012
i have a 1991 blaster first quad as u guys may know i post on here alot still learning i have a manuel but it really doesent show any picture of where or what it looks like . i havent been riding because its overfillled i think or its dirty thats y i cant see how much is in it . last time i rode it for like 10 min and noticed oil coming from the breather tube could this be due to overfilling .

ok the window is on the right of the motor below the kicker . you will need to bend your back to see it. chances are your motor is dirty and its disguised!

Im afraid the oil coming out of the breather is perhaps an indication of a more severe problem..that of perished crank seals. you need to perform a leak test. ASAP.

f9f8baca.jpg

ok sounds good well i just bought the thing any only rode it a few times its a little beat p but seems to run pretty well i just drained the oil today and found out the guy over filled it by quite a bit like a quart or more i know thats bad for seals and all but could that be the reason for oil coming out the breather hose? Also where can i get the seals i need?

well if your inner clutch side seal is worn, your crankcase will loose pressure via the seal and your compression is ending up in your gearbox pressurizing the tranny casings therefore pushing out the gearbox oil.

Overfill might have been the problem. However for peace of mind do a leak-down test. Then replace seals if necessary. Hopefully you will do the test so you don't waste trans oil.

well today me and a buddy took apart the whole quad i took out the motor thats about as far as i go i think this being my first quad and not knowing much i think i might just bring the motor to a shop to have all the gaskits done hopefully he wont charge me out the ass i think he said he charges 45 an hr so im hoping no more then 200 i hope. im just that kinda person id rather have someone do it right then have me screw it up.

well today me and a buddy took apart the whole quad i took out the motor thats about as far as i go i think this being my first quad and not knowing much i think i might just bring the motor to a shop to have all the gaskits done hopefully he wont charge me out the ass i think he said he charges 45 an hr so im hoping no more then 200 i hope. im just that kinda person id rather have someone do it right then have me screw it up.

If he will let you watch him , that would be a bonus! Then you get an idea all what's involved! I learn better by watching than reading!! :D

If its just seals I'm sure it will be one hour tops. If it involves splitting the case it really depends on the shop, my local shop gave me ballpark of 200 to split the cases clean them out and reassemble (back when I thought my cases were good). Keep in mind that included new seals and gaskets.