trade jeep for quad

blaster01

Jan 17, 2009
Virginia
ok guys well i have my permitt and i was looking for trucks and jeeps and came upon this one, its real close to my house and i was prefferably(sp) looking for a lifted one and this one is pretty much what i wanted
93' LIFTED JEEP FS/FT FOR TRUCK
id perfer a wrangler but id rock a cherokee too

even thought he said for trucks only he said he might trade for my quad too, so what ya think

after all i still have my dads 3 trikes to ride, and my dads kfx400

just do it 01, the jeep will be more useful in the long run and you can still have off road fun with it lol. only negative is gas mileage

even though the guy says the motor was rebuilt at 190,000 miles, everything else on it has 225,000 miles on it. I wouldn't trade for a vehicle that has that many miles on it but then again I'm not you. I think you could find something better then that

you can always get another fourwheeler. my .02 your alot more likely to get laid in a car than a fourwheeler. once you get your liscense youll forget about fourwheelers trust me

no i have already talked to the guy and he said he really wants my quad but needs a truck and he said he would think about it and get back to me

well the truck chassie is beat on from offroading, it has really high miles. I wouldnt do that Unless you turn your quad almost to stock and take all the nice parts off

You may want to ask him about the diff gears.With the bigger tires and stock gears,It may feel slow.When you put bigger tires ,you need to change the diff gears so it don't feel like it has a little 4 banger under the hood.

I wouldn't do it man. Keep your bike and save up for a car with fewer miles. You have a nice bike and you will really miss it. Trust me I sold a 300ex for my first truck and then Z400 for my King. Bought the 250R to replace that now.

Plus it has a lot of miles... and will it pass inspection?

not a bad year for the ZJ, if it's auto it's got the AW4 tranny which is indestructible!! Just put a tranny cooler on it!! 33 swampers aren't exactly great for cruising the streets though, it's kinda more of an offroad toy than something you can be driving around all the time. You want 4.10 gears at least for the 33s....3.73s wouldn't be bad either. 3.55s are a little short for those tires, IMO. If the vehicle was well taken care of, the miles are not an issue at all. Change the oil, tranny fluid, and put a tranny cooler on the tranny and it will go forever.

oh, and although those are fake simulocks, real beadlocks are indeed street legal....they're just not really practical to be running on the road!

yeah dude i wouldnt trade. it has a sh*t ton of miles. i know jeeps go forever, but who knows how much longer it will run. i would say its worth like 3000 tho with those miles