too close for comfort

tyler1blaster

Aug 16, 2009
virginia
My neighbors workshop went up in flames late last night. around ten.

i was on here and all of the sudden i see embers blowing in the wind i look out side and fireballs are soaring into the air. this barn is the size of a hockey rink. there are two humungos silos that are basically our land mark and they were feet from going up in flames.

i jumped on my polaris and hit it i drove down to the barn with my dad and a sedeline tank explodes right as i got there. then a tanker truck gets there and 3 minutes later runs out of water. 23 fire trucks were here lined up along our neighborhood. they had to stretch a huge hose down to the pond i fish in and thats how they put it out. heres what sucks, he had a brand newe R.V in there and all of his tools and welding equiptment. also his honda 4-wheeler :( cry sniffle sniffle. but heres the ironic thing, sam welsh, the owner of the workshop was at a rotary meeting and he heard that a barn caught fire and he asked where and was told his address.

luckily no one got hurt but when a tank of flammable gas explodes in your face it scares you really bad

daaaaaauuuuuum, that sucks !!!!!!!

no joke i went down there like 10 minutes ago and the farmer was there and he yelled at me and told me to get off of his property. he was pulling what tools he could salvage out. I'm going to try again in like an hour so stay posted.

damn that sucks.

Idk if anyone heard of a place near me called Superior Propane that caught fire, about 2000 small barbecue tanks exploded. I'm about a 1/2 mile away, I was in my shop and the ground started to shake and I just hear like thunder off in the distance, walk outside and this huge ass cloud of black smoke is goin across the sky and these little rockets shooting up into the air (propane tanks). A lot of people were evacuated and it took all day to put out and another few days of just spraying water on it to cool everything down. Good thing the fire didn't near the huge propane tanks this size of truck trailers.

say the magic words, I think I got a pic on my phone still.

2ewnr00.jpg
it was dark and i was pertrified that the farmer might come out
2cf2new.jpg
( see that tank?) they went boom
the fire started because he was charging a battery and the old elictrical system shorted out. that hunk of stuff in the middle is his tractor and r.v, see the steering wheel and seats right behind that first charred support beam?

Last edited:
had a bad fire at my grandads place about 9 years ago lost so much so many things from childhood fires destroy so much