Tire and Sprocket

hoyt08

Aug 28, 2009
Central, WI
Hey guys i'm looking at getting some new tires and i was wondering if i got 18" tires and changed my sprocket to 12t would i have like no top end speed? Basically i want some flat tires and i do mostly trail riding but love the acceleration..

It would drop your top end quite a bit with the 12 tooth sprocket and 18'' tires, imo. You may want to consider some 20'' tires since your going to be using it for trail riding

it would top out at like 45 i wouldnt geta 12 i would put a 14t and a 42 or 43 in the back that is my setup and i do trail and hill climb and mud but i aslo i imagine have a lot more mods

Well with the larger sprockets i heard that the gears are really high end, tend to bog if they are used low and just cant grab any power. Mostly 3rd and 4th gear. Again this is just what i have heard and am wondering basically what size tire and sprocket are best for trail riding? I like to wheelie around my yard also. Thanks, Ben

Hey Stephen, hows the acceleration with that, and i know that you have a bunch of mods but whats your top speed. I want to have alot of acceleration but i also want to go more than 50 MPH lol. Thanks