those of you's that cut your fenders

Antec1200X

Nov 11, 2010
Fort Nelson B.C
dont you guys get nailed by rocks?
i remember last year flyin down a gravel road and i can hear the rocks bouncing off the rear fenders and if i ripp around in mud it hits my elbows from the front tires,thats with full fenders,cant imagine cutting em off.but would like to sence my rear fenders are F*&^#@

when i ride, whether its mudding, sand, snow, or track. i always have a jersey and a t-shirt on. and a helmet, gloves, goggles, boots, and jeans. if your protect yourself you can run it without plastics.

i think ill keep the fenders on even though i need ones that wasnt involved in a roll over.just thinking about getting hit with a rock at high speed just turns me off

i cut and moved my rear fenders and ive never been hit with a rock that i actually noticed and i ride with shorts on all the time in the summer.

i cut mine all off, never got hit with anything that wouldnt of hit me with em on. i ride all terains up here in the sticks.
when i hit mud it tends to fly up and get the guy behind me now because it goes straight up in the air.

It depends on how you cut fenders number 1. Shaping them as I did in the page linked in my sig and others have can improve looks without suffering functionality. 2. if you are running a wider axle/a-arms fenders don't do much more than no fenders regardless other than small stuff flying at you. 3. the blaster plastics were never much for protection as it is

I cut my rears mostly for looks but also to clear my Raptor heelguards on the left side. Just wanted both sides to look the same. Cut the fronts strictly for looks as well.

well after widening my suspension i noticed that my fenders didn't work any more so, since my fenders made my blaster ugly, i couldn't see leaving them on any longer.

The purposes of cut fenders are endless. 1-The fenders are like parachutes and create so much drag it's crazy. 2-The fenders block view of the front end of the wheeler. 3-They don't stop anything. 4-They are terribly ugly. I can keep going. lol I'm going to cut mine soon.