SO many colors!

stevensj13

Apr 30, 2011
Willow Springs, NC
Hey guys, I have been working with small engines for about 10 years now and my first quad was a blaster. Ever since then I have bought and sold many blasters and have enough spare parts and frames to build atleast 3 more. Right now I am redoing a bike that I bought from a few drunk 20 year olds who cut the plastics with a saw and bought a new motor with daddy's money and they forgot to put oil in... oops. I got it cheap because of that, so I put a "new" motor in it that I am doing an oil blockoff kit setup on and I am just wondering about opinions on plastics. I have a full set of blue, full set of white, 2 red tank/steering column cover sets, and a full set of purple minus the rear fenders. I even have several black seats, a green seat, 2 red seats, blue seat, and 2 purple seats. I am thinking of doing all the plastics purple with a white set of rear fenders on it and a purple seat. The bike has a white frame and red suspension all around but I have a full set of white and a set of yellow I can change the colors to. If it matters any, I have a DG pipe on it and super swampers. I am looking for a look, not track racing and not trail biking, more of a mud/woods racer type of look with the big meaty tires and the racing stickers (which the previous owner of the purple plastics kindly had place on them from when he raced his bike with them). Any opinions? I will have pics later today of my idea

i ran for YEARS with a purple tank, nose and seat.. and white fenders...

Did it look something like this? I don't have the front fenders on it yet but those will be on when the bike is finished. I have a nice set of blue pegs too!

IMG_0187.jpg

Huh, I have a set of rear rims painted exactly in that shade of blue/purple sitting in my shed I got off ebay a while back. Did you ever sell a set? I might get them fitted with tires and use em on my bike if I do go purple and white

LOL.. nope.. I bought a set.. LOL... they are the FACTORY Purple that came on Banshee's for a few years. i have fronts also but they have my ICE tires on them...

Huh, I wonder if mine are factory purple. The paint is professional and looks factory, plus the entire rim inside and out is purple. Maybe I have a set of Banshee purple rims for it...

probably Banshee/Warrior factory rims.. look for a stamping on them.. it should say YAMAHA.. are they front or rears? if they are rears.. you will need Banshee/Warrior hubs to mount them on the blasty.. if they are fronts.. they will bolt right up.. also. i think 1 year the blaster had purple rims but i am not completely sure.. the way u can tell them apart are Warrior and Banshee rims are Aluminum and fairly light.. with a rolled over lip.. the Blaster rims are all STEEL and pretty heavy.. and the lip doesn't roll completely over.. :D

Okay thanks! I'll check em out tomorrow. A quick update, I'm almost done with the Blaster, just needs tranny oil (I'm using 10W-30) and then some premix because I did the oil blockoff kit and the brakes installed. I'll get a startup video tomorrow. The kick starter isn't springing back up so I think something went wrong during the blockoff kit.. ehh we'll see tomorrow