The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

My boy got some Star wars stuff for Christmas!
star wars.JPG

Spent the afternoon blasting round on the blaster. :) Converting the video at moment. upload later. Had a nice sunny ride but bit of wind but that didn't matter as it cooled the engine. :)

Speaking of retro gaming, I built an arcade system for my two nephews a few years ago. I don't think they ever use it. It came out really nice for never having done any wood working or arcade sim before.

I'll see if I can get some pictures and video of it.

Here it is without the glass over the screen. It's vertical split screen with a player on each end.

Made it out of pine and stained red mahogany.

20131212_200002_zpsd1af3fac.jpg

Added a magnetic pop-out with the USB ports so more games can be added if the kids want. It's that piece of wood right below the exhaust fan cover in the picture above.
20131212_204221_zpsd9a13456.jpg

20131212_204221_zpsd9a13456.jpg

Inside before button wiring
20131123_171756_zpsf8f38f20.jpg

Intake fan and speaker on each end. The exhaust fan is on the side of the machine.
20131123_171800_zpsd3422508.jpg

Underside of the top. Routered it so the screen bezel fit in tight and only the display was fully cut out.
20131110_171159_zps9765a808.jpg

that system is bad-ass !

do I see full computer components in there, not a game system ?

Reactions: rshutchinson
That is flat out awesome man! Your nephews are lucky boys.

What kind of system did you put in that?

that system is bad-ass !

do I see full computer components in there, not a game system ?

Thanks. It is all the components of a computer, yep. It was a desktop I had laying around. It's all controlled using the buttons on the controls. I wired the black push button on the side of the machine (above the exhaust fan) to the power on the motherboard like any other computer would have it.

The computer powers up (or down) with the push of that button and automatically boots in the MAME emulator with which I built a custom interface and background for them. From there you can scroll through lists of games or into categories like Flying, Sports, Fighting etc.

Next time I'm over there I'll see where they've put it and get some video.

Alright guys, I came up with an idea to fix global warming. The human body puts off quite a bit of heat and co2 just from breathing. So we just need to convince (most) everybody to hold their breath for 30 minutes. Guaranteed to solve global warming, and make the world a better place! Haven't been around much been working my butt off lately, update picture on my house thread coming in a few

i have not been playing anything but.
we got
original nintendo
super nintendo
x-box
wii
playstation 2
gamecube.

not any new or current systems but i plugged in the ps2 today and played for a bit/with son.:)

Thanks. It is all the components of a computer, yep. It was a desktop I had laying around. It's all controlled using the buttons on the controls. I wired the black push button on the side of the machine (above the exhaust fan) to the power on the motherboard like any other computer would have it.

The computer powers up (or down) with the push of that button and automatically boots in the MAME emulator with which I built a custom interface and background for them. From there you can scroll through lists of games or into categories like Flying, Sports, Fighting etc.

Next time I'm over there I'll see where they've put it and get some video.
That's really cool. ROMs are so easy to get anymore , that makes it even sweeter!

That's really cool. ROMs are so easy to get anymore , that makes it even sweeter!

It can be a bit tricky sometimes. They are constantly updating the MAME software and sometimes they add support for some ROM's but the changes end up breaking some other ROM's that you've got. Another problem is finding a nice stable version of MAME that works correctly on your computer. Then you've got to find the ROM's or a ROM package that works with that version etc.

My favourites so far (because I also converted an old broken arcade for myself that we had in our basement, so I play from time to time) are the 195X Flying games, Galaga and Metal Slug series. I'm glad that I did not grow up in the time of Arcades because I would have begged, borrowed and stole whatever I could have for more quarters.

:D

This domain name expired on Dec 27 2015 03:25AM

:rolleyes:

picked up 2 air pigs today.
drove 37min paid $75 bucks for both.
60 gallon husky
30 gallon coleman the coleman has american fitting as im realizing tonight/or at least i think at this moment not enough time to investigate yet?
no motors no pumps but i got plans:D:eek:

could not pass it up seeing how a 60gallon air pig cost $387 plus dollas for the cheapest ones.

001.JPG
008.JPG