Stock thumb throttle to tm style mikuni flatslide carb and cable

Jan 6, 2011
wichita ,ks aka tha 316 or ICT
I figured out the carb to intake issue, solved the carb to air cleaner issue and thought "well i'll just use the twist throttle that came with my flatslide because the thumb throttle wont go wide open and i want to try a twist for a change". The first ride ended in about thirty mins after I wiped out with an outta control wheelie that sent my quad cart wheeling and me layin there goin wtf?!!?? just happened??? TWIST THROTTLES ARE DANGEROUS ON ATVS!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my remedy but like always "dont try this if your scared to try something different , it might not work for you, when in doubt use a pro and pay for it"

The tm throttle cable had compatible threads with the thumb throtle but had too much slack for WOT. To get the excess slack out of the rm throttle cable I used a bolt that threaded into the throttle housing (M10x1.25?) then i drilled out the center, slotted the side and cut off the head. This little adapter screwed into the housing and left male theads on the outside of the housing.I then lined up 3 matching nuts on a bolt so that the bolt could be turned into them with little effort and tacked them together with a welder. This will couple the cable end and the male threads on the housing.Then I removed the throttle stop off of the thumb throttle and marked every 1/4 throttle position with a scribe. By using the govenor screw you can set a consistent position for carb tuning/ plug reading. I hope this all makes sense with the pics and helps someone.I:I
4929-i-drilled-out-bolt-slotted-cut-off-make-small-adapter-give-me-something-couple-throttle-housing-threads-nuts-i-welded-together.jpg

4930-i-welded-3-nuts-together-make-coupler.jpg

4932-wide-open-carb.jpg

4931-i-chopped-throttle-stop-off-way-bad-ass.jpg