still bogging out

edgeslade

Nov 15, 2009
asheville,nc
start fine, after it warms up it boggs and cuts off, i have done the following, tried 230,260,280 jets, found two air leaks,(oil inj, inlet on carb and where hole was drilled for idle adj. in carb), checked reeds, checked float level, when i take plug out it is soaked, needle is in center grove and curently have 260 jet and stock pilot, moose air filter is clean and oiled, carb is clean

What you are describing (wet plug) sounds like a very rich condition (pretty much ruled out) or a poor spark.

About the only thing you haven't checked is electrical stuff. There are pretty good directions in the stock manual for testing the stator coils, ignition coil, plug wire, boot, etc. www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf Start on page 7-7.

Give it a read and see what you think. Do your testing before and after you warm it up and get the prob. Heat can affect electrical stuff sometimes by wildly increasing the resistance of a coil or wire. You will need an ohm meter, preferably a digital one with multiple ranges. Some of the resistances are as low as 20 ohms while others are 8,000.

You assume cdi when everything else checks out.

What you are describing (wet plug) sounds like a very rich condition (pretty much ruled out) or a poor spark.

About the only thing you haven't checked is electrical stuff. There are pretty good directions in the stock manual for testing the stator coils, ignition coil, plug wire, boot, etc. www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf Start on page 7-7.

Give it a read and see what you think. Do your testing before and after you warm it up and get the prob. Heat can affect electrical stuff sometimes by wildly increasing the resistance of a coil or wire. You will need an ohm meter, preferably a digital one with multiple ranges. Some of the resistances are as low as 20 ohms while others are 8,000.

You assume cdi when everything else checks out.

when i click on that blaster manual link anywhere on this site it takes me to a blank white page it want come up?????