Idles fine revs too quick while riding

Fabkor

Dec 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've got an issue with my daughters Blaster.. I'll summarize to hopefully make it easier to digest.

Bought a 2002 Blaster, it ran perfect.
Over a couple of trips the idle would climb.
It had a leak at the base gasket and intake.
I replaced the gaskets, top end and intake.
It ran perfect for a trip.

Now...

It starts right up and idles fine.
You can bump the throttle.. fine.
It has good compression.
Clean carb, stock jetting, stock motor.
Clean filter.. etc.
I removed the oil injector, and installed a block off kit.. yes the carb is blocked to. I run premix castor 927. I also run transfluid in the transmission.. read it works better. Not sure about that..?

When someone rides it, it just revs super high with the slightest throttle movement. It seems to vibrate a lot to.The exhaust is cool, never hot, the pipe is even cool. It doesn't die, just seems like it is over revving while riding. It returns to idle fine. The best way to describe it is it feels like the motor spins too freely allowing excessive revving.

I've checked for air leaks again.. none that I can find.The filter and carb are clean, jets to.

Without tearing back into it, I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue, and might chime in saving me a bunch of time chasing my tail.

Thanks for any help..

Does the idle hang at high revs when revving it in neutral ? it should do the same high idle then too if it was an airleak.
I'm thinking your clutch is slipping ?
I'd drain whatever that fluid is you used and replace with 650ml of the factory suggested 10w-30 motor oil.
I like the Mobile1 4t 10w-40 full synthetic for wet clutch bikes/atv's from most auto stores or walmart.

then move on to check to the manual for clutch adjustment (download @ general support section)
or search engine section for clutch adjustment DIY's, check cable slack, pointer on actuator aligned with the notch on case, and lastly pull the clutch plates to check their condition and/or replace them