stator FINALLY

Howard93

Apr 9, 2009
Illinois
About a month ago I bought a ricky stator off ebay which was bad and I finally got a new one...time to get the blaster going...can't wait

I haven't heard of many people having thsi problem. I guess I happened to get one that was junk from the factory, but they were good about getting a new one for me. It comes with a 1 year warranty

well...I need some more help guys, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Put the new stator in tonight and the blaster fired right up, no problems. But, it would not come anywhere near rapping out. It would barely get off idle. It is running as it would if it had a massive air leak, but I've heard it wouldn't smoke if it had an air leak, and this thing is smoking pretty bad. I'm thinking it is burning crankcase oil although the plug didn't show it, but I only rode it about 2 minutes so that might not be enough to show on the plug. ANY help is appreciated Thanks.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be? I bought this quad like 3 months ago and have had nothing but problems...still haven't got to ride the thing except for putting around the yard a few nights ago after actually getting it to start with the new stator

Is inside of flywheel clean, no rust? Pick up coil gap, clean? Tors? Parking brake switch on bars(banshee has one). If you have offset fly key did you put it in backwards? Hope this helps.

Is inside of flywheel clean, no rust? Pick up coil gap, clean? Tors? Parking brake switch on bars(banshee has one). If you have offset fly key did you put it in backwards? Hope this helps.

inside of flywheel is clean....but the flywheel is beat up. It has quite a few dents in it. Looks like it has been dropped multiple times. What do you mean by pickup coil gap? and the tors is eliminated. Put a new woodruff key in and that is ok.

what you need to do is take the fly wheel off and shake it by your ear, it you can hear alittle clicking then the magnets in the flywheel have come unglued and its basically junk, normally in my exp. the bike will not run when the magnets have come loose but anythings possible...the white smoke, does it smell really bad? not like normal 2 stroke smell, if it does then you might have a crankcase leak and burning tranny oil

what you need to do is take the fly wheel off and shake it by your ear, it you can hear alittle clicking then the magnets in the flywheel have come unglued and its basically junk, normally in my exp. the bike will not run when the magnets have come loose but anythings possible...the white smoke, does it smell really bad? not like normal 2 stroke smell, if it does then you might have a crankcase leak and burning tranny oil

I'll check the shaking of the flywheel soon...and the smell, i dont think it smells terrible but im not sure. what would the problem be if there was a crankcase leak? would I need new crank seals or would it be something more indepth?

also just thought of when I changed the oil. I changed the gear oil shortly after buying this quad because it sat awhile. I used Kendall 10w 30 semi-synthetic oil. Could this be too thin of oil or any other issues with the oil causing it to burn the oil?

Did it have a parking brake cable that was removed? I removed the cable on my '03 without realizing that this allowed the parking brake switch to activate. The symptoms were what you described, right down to acting like the stator was bad and ohmming out as such. Idled fine but would not rev due to very weak spark. I'm just not sure if a '93 has that switch or not.

Did it have a parking brake cable that was removed? I removed the cable on my '03 without realizing that this allowed the parking brake switch to activate. The symptoms were what you described, right down to acting like the stator was bad and ohmming out as such. Idled fine but would not rev due to very weak spark. I'm just not sure if a '93 has that switch or not.

you very well could be on to something...but I don't have any idea if a blaster this old would have a parking brake switch

well I checked the jetting in my carb and the main is a 230.....the carb is very clean so that can't be the problem unless another jet is clogged maybe???? Does anyone else have any ideas why my blaster is blowing white smoke and won't rev out?

What fuel ratio are you using has this problem when my mix had too much oil in it
blew heaps of smoke and wouldnt clear out changed fuel to a leaner mix and problem solvered

running 32:1 Spectro SX sythetic oil...I wouldn't think that could be the problem unless there's a lot of oil built up from sitting....but I would think it would've started to clear up after the few minutes I rode it.

How do you know when your stator is bad? Cuz my blasty is idling fine, starts fine, but it won't rev up. I checked everywire on the bike and eveything seem's ok, just wondering if there is a way to test my stator? Or could it be a CDI screw up?

I'm not sure what you're problem would be. Doesn't sound like a bad stator though. I knew mine was bad because the coils were all torn up.