Spray on Chrome

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
Has anyone seen the spray on chrome? I don't sleep much and over night reading on the net I stumbled onto a YouTube video of someone doing it.
http://youtu.be/y9mh6t0ILvE
This isn't a cheap alternative to real chrome but it looks like it can be done to more substrates. I found this place selling the equipment Spectra Chrome ... Advanced Spray-On Chrome Technology!! . It's a pretty heavy buy-in but still pretty cool. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this process? It's new to me.

Someone tell me what link I use to embed a video from youtube.

watch the vids on the banshee build...pretty cool lookin stuff, i like the looks of them faded red to yellow hubs !!!.....

BansheeGallery

that youtube vid looks to be a chemical reaction process, as he's just spraying it on letting it run all over the place and when hit with the reactor, again allowed to run all over.... turns to chrome ???

my buddy used to make stenciled mirrors for bars ect. and he used a 2 part spray to apply the chome/mirror over top of the vinyl design/graphics, this looks like a similar process ??

I've also been curious to see how it was done. I've watched many of those videos before and always wondered how does it actually work? Pretty neat stuff