Last Hopes

Noxtol

Aug 15, 2018
Im about out of options at this point,

So i have a 2000 blaster that i was splitting the engine to overhaul it and i've had a terrible time trying to get the flywheel off

i have the proper flywheel tool for it, i put it on all the way, went to extract it and it ripped the threads out before pulling the flywheel off, Great.

Trial 2: i got just a basic engine flywheel/pulley remover tool that i got into the 2 holes and started to extract, i broke the foot of the tool before even budging the flywheel...

at this point i'm pretty sure the flywheel got welded on somehow or something is stuck that will not let it move.

anyone got advice on how to get it out? even if it means destroying the flywheel it's better than a whole new engine.

thanks!

Did you pull the thick washer out that's under the flywheel nut ? that allows you to get the full threads with the puller, if it's still in there ? get it out and you may find enough threads left to get the puller back on.

other options are thread those holes and use a harmonic puller with long bolts to match the tap, autozone and advance will loan you a puller for a refundable deposit, harbor freight also has them fairly cheap.
or tack the puller on with a welder then cut/grind the welds off when you're done.

Did you pull the thick washer out that's under the flywheel nut ? that allows you to get the full threads with the puller, if it's still in there ? get it out and you may find enough threads left to get the puller back on.

other options are thread those holes and use a harmonic puller with long bolts to match the tap, autozone and advance will loan you a puller for a refundable deposit, harbor freight also has them fairly cheap.
or tack the puller on with a welder then cut/grind the welds off when you're done.
Yeah the washer is out, I’m gonna try that harmonic puller

Reactions: Awk08