spark knocking??

will do and dad told me he needs to get his air tools back so we can advance my timing a little bit more but 30 mil wouldnt help at all..cause when its tapped on topend it wants more gas but it floods on bottom end

What is the current advance setting?

As TC says, advancing it any more will make matters worse.

Sounds like you need to go back to basics, do a little research, because I feel that both you and Dad are out of your depth.

Slip on a stock head, take the advance off, leak test and re-jet to 93 octane.,

Plug chop with a b8es plug.

Were gonna retard it back its +3 advance my had isn't gonna its the shave Vito's calls for on a .20 over bore to match the bore out to your head for best results......I ordered a new head gasket and jug gasket the jug gasket had a slight tear in it.

blah blah blah. Dude forget what "vitos calls for" an listen to these guys. Ive been telling you the 340 is to big! Maybe yall can get threw.

Were gonna retard it back its +3 advance my had isn't gonna its the shave Vito's calls for on a .20 over bore to match the bore out to your head for best results......I ordered a new head gasket and jug gasket the jug gasket had a slight tear in it.

Well I think best,triplecrown,and blaster summed it up pretty good.But one question.How did you notice the tear on the gasket?I thought it was all together and leak tested fine.If so you wouldnt see a tear. Has dad been talking to the parts guy also??:p

We pulled the head and there was a line through the jug gasket and dad looked at it and said it was a slight tear n he didn't see how it leak tested fine so were gonna out that new gasket in and leak test it and throw a 320 in then a 310 see how it does

Buddy, this is a bit of a brutal club. We don't mean to sound unfriendly but we've learned to be brutally honest with our symptoms and tests if we want to get honest results. We have to be because this crowd has got a pretty good nose for bovine scatology. One little whiff and you'll lose all credibility.

The way to test for leaks is to use a leak tester. You plug the carb and exhaust and put no more than 7psi on the crankcase. You can make your own tester out of a plumbing fitting in the carb hose and steel plate across or expanding plug in the exhaust port. Where you put the fill nipple (originally I used a tire valve stem in the exhaust plate) and the low pressure gauge is up to you. Use a bicycle pump to get your 7psi and wait. Soap and water will bubble at the leaks. This is a leak tester.

Taking the cylinder off does not find leaks, it makes them. Also leaks occur at the reed box flange and the case halves and the crank seals. Worst is into the gearbox, you don't see them but air will bubble out of the vent hose. A leak test takes about 20 minutes max and BANG! You know either you are safe or you have work to do.

Listen, I could tell you that you need to put as much back to stock as possible and then get it running with proper jets and a plug chop before you try modifying one thing at a time, but hey, you didn't listen to all those very smart guys up there^^^, so why would you listen to me? If you have your own way of doing it, just go ahead and do it. Keep us informed how it works out. Most don't, they just disappear...

Now, if you want to get valuable free advice from very experienced people, don't waste their time by dancing them around.
Report symptoms, Listen to tests, Do tests, Report results...
Be real, be honest, you will get fixed and stay running. No blown engine.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Advice as sweet as cane sugar Best, you surely have a way with words, I tend to be blunt.

Dakine97, Is this a true representation of your mods or is there something else you are not telling us.

89 blasty
bored .20 over
shaved head
port and polish by '00-wo-ya
2.5 in extention
18 in rzrs
shee works rezzis
warrior oil shock
warrior goldies
maier race cut plastics front and rear

There is no mention of an aftermarket pipe or timing advance.

And who is this joker ('00-wo-ya) and what style of porting.

What fuel/oil ratio are you using.

Give us your full mods and something to work with and for a leak free motor we may be able to come up with something to help fix the spark knock.

Eagerly awaiting your sincere reply. Please give us something to get our teeth into other than random information.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Advice as sweet as cane sugar Best, you surely have a way with words, I tend to be blunt.

Dakine97, Is this a true representation of your mods or is there something else you are not telling us.

89 blasty
bored .20 over
shaved head
port and polish by '00-wo-ya
2.5 in extention
18 in rzrs
shee works rezzis
warrior oil shock
warrior goldies
maier race cut plastics front and rear

There is no mention of an aftermarket pipe or timing advance.

And who is this joker ('00-wo-ya) and what style of porting.

What fuel/oil ratio are you using.

Give us your full mods and something to work with and for a leak free motor we may be able to come up with something to help fix the spark knock.

Eagerly awaiting your sincere reply. Please give us something to get our teeth into other than random information.

That "Joker" would be me and just to correct this and attempt to clean up my name a bit, I DID NOT PORT THIS JUG. The jug as far as I'm aware from reliable sources was a used jug that someone cleaned up the casting in at some point. It was sold as a usable cylinder that needed a bore to this young man. It did not belong to me nor did I ever touch it.
I think its obvious here that the problems are deeper than a mere cleanup of port casting. The jugs that I have worked on are for play riding by they typically run very well when I'm through, however, I make no claims whatsoever to being a pro porter, I'm just someone with a bit of no how and and ability.

So far we have a motor with the following mods:

FMF Fatty.
+3 timing advance.
Unknown porting.
93 octane with octane booster.
32:1 premix.

A leak free motor at sea level will call for a #270-#280 main jet.

Now for the unknown:

What type of air filter, and where?
Airbox lid, on or off?
Heat range of spark plug?
Elevation and temperature?
Leak down test results.
Cylinder compression?
Float level?

All of the above are useful in diagnosing your problem.

So far we have a motor with the following mods:

FMF Fatty.
+3 timing advance.
Unknown porting.
93 octane with octane booster.
32:1 premix.

A leak free motor at sea level will call for a #270-#280 main jet.

Now for the unknown:

What type of air filter, and where?
Airbox lid, on or off?
Leak down test results.
Cylinder compression?
Float level?

air box lid is off stock filter what do you mean by the rest? also my cylinder compression is good

Now for the unknown:

Leak down test results.
Float level?

Heat range of spark plug? Should be a b8es
Elevation and temperature? Sea level or above, and outside air temp.,
Leak down test results. Did it hold 7psi for at least 10 mins. if not rate of leakage.
Float level? Is it between 20 and 21.5mm?

Post a picture of your porting. Show them what your working with. imo its light light clean up. Looks like the intake was the only thing cleaned to.

jugs back on now bro......the plug is a b8es thats all i run ever since ive owned the bike
leak test was a positive
and i dont know about the float level

If your compression is under 160psi.

Plug chop a #300 main, with the needle on the middle clip and post pics of the chopped plug.

ill do it when i get a chance ive been puttin the new clutch cable and my new kill switch on all evenin