single funniest thing i have ever seen

BadOutlaw

Nov 16, 2012
Angola, IN
Gentleman,

Please be forewarned and take a quick potty break before proceeding, I almost pee'd myself!

I picked up a whole blaster for $150 that, supposedly, needs a top end. It still turns over so it can't be to bad - right? worth $150, sure.

Ok, I take the head off and it really doesn't look bad in down the hole. Ok, I pull the carb and proceed to pull the cylinder. Well it still does not look hateful further down the hole.

Well, lets pull the reed plate and see what we have there, well, this is what I found-

And it appears the manufacturer stives for - "Continuously exceed our customers expectations" :D

Credit cards are usually what RAG Engineering usually replace the reed petals with, what material did that builder use?

You know I am still trying to figure that out! :-/

Near as I can figure it looks like the plastic and paper that you would find on like a , maybe , a replacement lever package?

It is a really thin clear plastic with a paper type backing. I made the mistake of removing the one side from - inside - the reed cage before I took the picture, it was literally blown into the cage.

I have seen some really oddball stuff in my day, but, this really made me chuckle.

I am confident you have seen your fair share of , lets say, anomalies, in your days also ! ;)

How does a diesel glow plug adapted to act as a spark plug sound.

Owner wondered why no spark.

Now thats funny !!

Some people just should not touch engines !!

I just had a guy I know give me a 97 Cougar with a 4.6l in it. It just wont run right, cough, no power, wont rev.

He took it to a shop and they proceeded to tune it up and it ran worse. they started throwing all kinds of parts at it, sensors, cats, you name it, still runs like crap.

He took it 2 other places, gave them the receipts for everything that was done and both tell him he needs a motor and wont work on it.

This is over the course of a year it is sitting around. He finally calls me and wants to know since I'm a Ford guy if I will come get this (expletive deleted) ford out of his yard.

I brought it home and decided to start at the beginning a compression test. After removing 8 spark plug wires, finding 3 old center electrodes still stuck in the wires and on a new set of plugs, I am rolling laughing. I pulled the old electrodes out put the wires back on and drove it back to his house.

Best free car I ever got!! I:I The look on his face as he signed the title over to me was priceless !:D

I gave him the car back a week later.

I just figured out that clown made the reeds out of, a laminated piece of paper!! It just hit me as I was looking at what was on the paper - company mission statement!