should i sell the old blasty ?

lovenlife2strok

Aug 2, 2012
tweed ontario
okay so ive been riden my blaster for a year now and the powers just not enough for me, so i was wondering if the vitos 240 kit ported would really make a big difference? my blasters stock bore with i believe LA sleave, fmf full system, numara piston. i love how light and easy it is wipe around the blaster, i am 6 foot and 170 lbs.

so i was wondering if it would be worth my time to invest my money into the blaster or to just sell it and buy a 250r or another 125 or a 250??? any thoughts would be great.:-/

Attachments

• blackberry , 2 207.jpg
    blackberry , 2 207.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 131
a blaster will almost ALMOST never compete with a 250r but some do i honestly like the honda 250r NOT SUZUKI!!!!!! but i couldnt tell a difference in my blaster and the suzuki lt250r piped and jetted...

your call

honestly, if you can get a trx, I'd get one. There not that much heavier then a blaster, there are plenty of parts out there for them and once you get bored with the power you can throw a 310cc big bore on it for $500 or a 330cc for $600

For what you will have in the blaster to nkt be bored with it for a short time again you will be time/money ahead to upgrade.as said the 250R has parts readily availible and can be modded further with more performance bag for the buck compared to your blaster.

Any of the bigger quads will be a huge improvement bet it a suzi 250,honda 250,or yami 350.trust me bro upgrade i promise you never look back.

the 250s whip around pretty easy. I like the power the banshee has but wish it were lighter, there's a section on bansheeHQ dedicated to yfz roller banshee hybrids, they're supposedly lighter and there's no doubt it would handle way better. my 250 suzuki was right around 300lbs, my banshee is 400ish :( so it's a significant difference, I can feel it when I'm pushing it up hill next to my house to park it lol. you're a bigger rider, me personally if I were 170 I'd have an easier time whipping my banshee around but being a smaller guy I kinda prefer the 250 and would like to get a trx250r at some point. I could trade my banshee for a 250r I suppose if it was pretty decent condition, but I also have a line for a nice limited banshee for an AR15 and I can get one cheap so I might get that shee anyway.

youll probly like a bigger bike. never know till you try. test ride one first and see how you like it.

I moved down from a Raptor 660 to my Blaster.
Yeah, you can really feel the extra 100 lbs.
Imagine riding with two 50 lbs bags of potatoes strapped to your quad!

I LOVE the light weight of the Blaster, and whether you supe up the Blaster motor or swap in a higher power unit, more power, enough power, is available.

No doubt about it a 250R is about as nice as it gets.
I don't like the weight of a lot of the 4 stroke quads.

165962_10151004863260803_916571139_n.jpg

303346_10151004900195803_149466793_n.jpg

besides weight my 450 is awesome, but it's always having some small issue that is a pita to trouble shoot. last time was electrical/fuel, couldn't tell. now, new used harness same fin thing. been sitting for a while, last month I would jiggle the wires by the battery and it would run fine, then die and I'd jiggle again... now seems like wires aren't doing alot so maybe water in gas, pita expensive pos, getting rid of it, hoping to never have issues like this again... with the race wiring on my LT250r I never had an electrical problem. banshee I haven't had long but seems reliable like the 250..

besides weight my 450 is awesome, but it's always having some small issue that is a pita to trouble shoot. last time was electrical/fuel, couldn't tell. now, new used harness same fin thing. been sitting for a while, last month I would jiggle the wires by the battery and it would run fine, then die and I'd jiggle again... now seems like wires aren't doing alot so maybe water in gas, pita expensive pos, getting rid of it, hoping to never have issues like this again... with the race wiring on my LT250r I never had an electrical problem. banshee I haven't had long but seems reliable like the 250..

My banshee was reliable to. But when I did have to work on something it was twice as frustrating and took twice as long for the most part. It was a fun quad but I wouldn't get another one.

My banshee was reliable to. But when I did have to work on something it was twice as frustrating and took twice as long for the most part. It was a fun quad but I wouldn't get another one.

Multi-cylinders are like that! So darned repetitive!
Double the carbs, cylinders, crank throws, pistons and pipes. It is a wonder the Banshee is only 100 lbs heavier.

HawaiianBassHed's comment about wiring and expensive repairs bears repeating too, simple is better.
My 660 never gave me a lick of mechanical trouble but all around me I saw guys with $$$ failures.
What does a total top end and crank, gaskets and bore cost on a Blaster? $100+$180+$50+$50+$50?
What is it for a 4 stroke including timing chain, valves and guides? $$$

I think costs and weight were the biggest things scaring me away from the Raptor.
Biggest problems were idle issues and reverse device and its rev limiter.

Power potential is another issue, with a 4 stroke, what you got is pretty much all you got.
All the cam, compression, and pipe in the world is only going to give you 10-15% more power max at the risk of reliability.
A typical 2 stroke can give you this with a cylinder raise and head shave.
The Blaster has the ability to cheaply double its hp, well into the fun zone and stay reliable.

Cheap, simple, lightweight and easy to maintain. 2 strokes and Blasters have it going on.

Multi-cylinders are like that! So darned repetitive!
Double the carbs, cylinders, crank throws, pistons and pipes. It is a wonder the Banshee is only 100 lbs heavier.

HawaiianBassHed's comment about wiring and expensive repairs bears repeating too, simple is better.
My 660 never gave me a lick of mechanical trouble but all around me I saw guys with $$$ failures.
What does a total top end and crank, gaskets and bore cost on a Blaster? $100+$180+$50+$50+$50?
What is it for a 4 stroke including timing chain, valves and guides? $$$

I think costs and weight were the biggest things scaring me away from the Raptor.
Biggest problems were idle issues and reverse device and its rev limiter.

Power potential is another issue, with a 4 stroke, what you got is pretty much all you got.
All the cam, compression, and pipe in the world is only going to give you 10-15% more power max at the risk of reliability.
A typical 2 stroke can give you this with a cylinder raise and head shave.
The Blaster has the ability to cheaply double its hp, well into the fun zone and stay reliable.

Cheap, simple, lightweight and easy to maintain. 2 strokes and Blasters have it going on.

First of all anyone looking at a banshee thinking that its difficult should probably leave the tools alone.Banshees are very simple to work on.If you can set up one cylinder you can set up 2 or 8 it dont matter.

As for the raptors theyre descent and not hard to maintain or build either.Parts are a little more expensive but fun isnt cheap usually and then of course theres the getting what you pay for.

You comparing the increase in performace mods to the blaster to raptor is like comparing my nitrous coupe to your blaster two totally different ball games.

The blaster is good at what it does...It offers cheap fun but eventually its not enough.

yeah i was thinking that the money and time i put into the blaster it would just be easier to get the bigger bike. i rode a 250r and it wasnt as quick as everyone says they are but they are a hell of o better ride over the blaster.