Serious porting questions?

'00 WO-YA!

Dec 5, 2011
In the Shenandoah Valley
I try to read and absorb as much porting info that I can, unfortunately I see things like trail port, aggressive trail port, drag port or MX port. I suppose the jug's port timing is tailored to work within a specific powerband per whatever the porter feels is appropriate for that ap but the pipe has influence here over that powerpand too.
Anyway, pipes excluded, I was hoping that someone can shine some light on the differences in these "portings" with pics to seperate if you can. What the addition of boost ports play as a whole & how installing tripple ports on the exhaust works. I have also seen some portwork that appeared to have the entire center divider removed, this interests me, i can only assume that the piston gets modded for this to be effective? Please explain the theory behind all of this please. Thanks

Blaner , emailed me a stack of info on porting, may pay to shoot him a PM..

The two stroke tuners handbook has heaps of guff on porting.

Do a google for it.

Porting is best left to the pros.

Im all about cleaning up casting flaws and maybe polishing the exhaust but you can really mess stuff up in there if you dont know what youre doing so be careful.And anyone can hog out a hole but its knowing how that engine works and breathes and how to do more than just make the hole bigger more of an art imo.

With all the top notch looking porting i see here regularly i say why even waste the time unless you just want to know how to do it.And the best part is theyre pretty reasonably priced.

If ken oconnor works half as much magic with his hands on a vagina as he does a blaster jug thats one happy mrs.oconnor!!!LMFAO!!!Seriously though the guy is sick with what he does!

Something to think about bro but if you dive in be careful.

Thanks to both of you guys, I'll look into the handbook for sure. I like understanding & doing things for myself, it's just a different kind of appreciation when something you done yourself is successful:)
I've done some porting on a lot of different stuff over the past 10yrs or so & have recently ported a couple of Blaster jugs with very nice running results. Basically I want to fine tune my understanding & skills, thanks.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Way more to it that even IF any of us could explain, not enough time/space to post it. Best thing is to educate yourself. Already have McDizzy, read Gorden Jennings and H. Gramm Bell. Also search around there are porting programs available. Glad to see that you already are experimenting. It's amazing that a little out of a port is a lot of change.

I'll give you a little rep for trying.

for maximum power leave it to the pro, FLOTEK all day, just type it into youtube and be amazed. I:I I:I ya know what they say, pics and vids are worth a thousand WORDS I:I

Yea it is amaazing what it did to my dads blaster woke it up an all his is got is a toomey an holeshots wo ya all you did was clean up the casting flaws

Yea it is amaazing what it did to my dads blaster woke it up an all his is got is a toomey an holeshots wo ya all you did was clean up the casting flaws

Haha, yeah, ;) maybe it was just a tad more than that, lol! I raised the intake & exhaust, smoothed off the nasty dam, knife edged the divider, matched the piston sides to the port, chamfered all the port entries in the jug & cleaned up the transfer ports coming out of the case. I opened up & polished the exhaust port. I spent about 5 hrs or so on what little I did, I'm just never happy, lol!

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/cylinder-porting-diy-25773/ The master himself even shares SOME info. So, you read or at least look at McDizzy? Search for the others?
BTW, Kens vid is only the bare basics.
As to a little is a lot, just cleaning up the roof of the ex raised it enough that my son noticed the difference. Course it could also have been the rest of the clean-up and hogging the ex to match the Fat Bastard pipe.

^Yes, I've been to the Mac Dizzy site several times, tons of info there if you have the time to look into it, I'll definitely be back to that site. I haven't had the chance to look into the rest of that stuff. I did have my wife look into a couple of books for me tho.

So I hear that Vito's used to offer a piston with a contoured edge on the exhaust port side. This was supposed to correct the piston not dropping below the bottom of the port @ bdc. I know that some people use a shim to raise the jug, cylinder, barrel, whatever you prefer to call it but.....A) I don't have one nor do I know where to get one & B) it requires machine work to get the deck height correct again. I'm thinking of taking some measurements & just making the necessary cut myself. Anybody have any bitches or gripes with that? I know I'm not the 1st to think of this, who else has successfully done this?