selling blaster for raptor

if everyone is gonna pitch a biotch, then fine, i'll keep my god damn mistake and rebuild the bottom end myself!!! im going to go and pitch a biotch to my mechanic too!!! i aint ever gonna let him rebuild it.....he races a Kentucky Trash Machine (KTM) anayways.... i might even buy a new +3 stroker crank....cause if my rod is effed, then hell, stroker is the way to go....

im clueless to what happened you blew it up again?

dude...if you can do a small block chevy (which isn't too bad in the auto world) you can do a blaster. i could probably tear a blasty motor down and do a full service in a few hours if i had tools/parts all ready to go

I paid $1045 to a guy that charges $40/hr.....i had a whole motor rebuild, new coil....i spend about $15 on gas a week $8 for a small 12oz mc1 bottle....my bike burns alot of gas anyways.....im tired of spending all this money when i barely ever get to ride, and on top of all this sh*t, i have to replace the bottom end bearings again!!!! what a pain in the f**cking ass i tell you!!!!

You should of just done it yourself....you could of saved a sh*t load of money.

family thought i'd f*ck something up....okay, i guess this thread should be moved if its gonna turn into a "What should i get in the motor" type thread..... it just makes a clacking sound when it revs...and when i get off the throttle and it idles, it doesnt do anything but pur...

hey man i feel your pain.. i bought my 400ex for 2 grand rode it 4 times.. now i sold it for 800.. lost my ass on it.. im 26 and i wanted to cry, i feel ya buddy, iv been wrneching on cars since i was 14 and i wont touch a 4 stroke atv/ bike motor.. but i will do a car figure that out.. 2 stroke.. no problem...

i know if i need help i have my good friends here to help me

i think you should stop listening to everybody else and do what you want. if you want the raptor fine, just hope it runs forever lke you want or be prepared to deal with the pain of the 4 stroke

In my honets opinion, this 4stroke/2stroke war is the msot idiotic thing, ride what makes you feel comfortable and happy. If you wanna trade for a raptor 350 do it, your money/atv. And raptor 350's are reliable. Low tech 4strokes are as reliable as it can get. Get what makes you happy brother.

Whatever makes you happy is what you want to get.With that being said blaster motors are very easy to work on.Get a manual a few tools and you are good to go.I made most of the tools I use on the blasty and saved a bunch of money.Don't ever pay $1000 again for a rebuild,that is a damn ripoff.I can give you plenty of pics if you do decide to do it your self.Good luck no matter which way you go.

The thing that frightens me most is getting confused on the torque specs on each individual bolt...Also getting confused on every gear and if it will all fir together perfectly....especially the transmission.....

The transsmission comes out in two shafts and they do not need to be dissasembled.If you go that route I can walk you through everything if need be.I have spare cases and a box of internals with more than enough to build another motor.If you have any questions I will mock them up and take pics to help you out.Once you dive into it once you will understand how easy they are.Torqu specs are easy.Just convert them from the manual to a piece of paper and keep it close by so you don't need to refer to the book every 4 minutes.

Thanks stroke, i wish that all 2 strokes were EFI, im tired of f*cking with jetting....I wish there was a computer telling the engine how much gas it needs instead all this bullshit with getting jetting PERFECT! I hate plug chops....

I just read this entire thread and this is pathetic. What do you care about peoples opinions. Do what suits you best. If you wanna sell it, go for it. I love my 4 stroke. I could give two sh*ts what people have to say about my bikes, or what I ride. As long as im happy with it, people can go scratch.

I'm with you guys. Do what makes you happy. I am currently going through my blaster. I had it for a year and didn't do anything to it. I had a small air leak and a couple of cracks in the frame but that was it. I grew up on four strokes and had a fine time on them.

I feel ya. I've had my blasty for 6 months and have ridden it twice. I planned on doing alot of maintenance. Every time I would go to rebuild or replace something, another thing was found out to be shot. I know it's all in the maintenance, but it's also previous maintenance. The f*ck that owned mine treated it like sh*t so now I have over what I paid into it and counting. Still need a rear shock, fabbed brakes, handlebars, and grab bar. Do what makes you happy.