selling blaster for raptor

Blaster200boy

Aug 15, 2009
Floyds Knobs, IN
yeah, you saw what im doing...I can afford to keep spending $100's a month on gas and oil, on top of parts needing replaced....

There is a guy that is interested in selling or trading his 2007 Yamaha Raptor 350...i know i have said that i dont like 4 stokers, but i do alot of mudding and every time i ride, i feel as if im riding on a time bomb...

Craptors are fun,even tho there 4pokes,,i love mine and i love my 2 strokes...but i think im crossed into the dark side..lol

man sucks that you're giving up on the blaster. some guys don't seem to have that much luck with them, others never have a problem

understandable,tbh i dont see why everyone hates 4 strokes,there just another bike to me.but suppose you might get more problems with buying the raptor that the risk with buying used.

or take it in for aleakin base gasket and find out your piston is scored, all 4 valves are junk, and timing chain guides are chewed up

460 in parts and 450 in labor..... that almost 900 for top end rebuild, 2 stroke is like under 200 bucks

ahh well, i can always soup up my little honda Elite SA50 2 stroke scooter...in a yr or so, my g-parents said they would by me a yz125 anyways

Not trying to be a dick but if you cant keep up with a blaster's maintance, you will have your hands full with a 125. they need top ends frequently.

I've never ran into 1 prob with my blaster for the 4 years I've had it I guess the saying goes as is a quad is as reliable as the owner takes care of it

IM SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS!!!! I want a 4 wheeler that needs little or no maintenance....4 pokers are like that...f*ck, i have an 89 moto 4 200 and it doesnt need anything but a driver...never needed valves adjusted....we just give it an oil change 3 times a year

im tired of dealing with premix....i wanna be able to just pour straight 93 octane gas into my quad...

ok,ive hade both..11 blasters in the past and my 660 now..and the blastys were deff easier and cheaper to work on,but seems like once you fix one thing something else happens..sucks..

now the rappy,hard to work on (if u dont know 4s) more into the motor then you think,parts cost 3xs as much...but when done right less maintence...no mixing,plus dont foul like 1ce a week,more like 1ce a season...

Point is theres pros and con to everything,get what suits you man.

Reactions: Blaster200boy
IM SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS!!!! I want a 4 wheeler that needs little or no maintenance....4 pokers are like that...f**ck, i have an 89 moto 4 200 and it doesnt need anything but a driver...never needed valves adjusted....we just give it an oil change 3 times a year

im tired of dealing with premix....i wanna be able to just pour straight 93 octane gas into my quad...

have you seen fcfeds thread about his 400ex....well over a thousand bucks to fix it, i think ill stick with a 200+ top end job on a 2 stroke

the moto4 200 is the loophole of the 4 poke world...they're tanks and damn near indestructible....but if it DOES break price parts....it was cheaper for me to basically buy a blasty frame and everything to put on it than overhaul my moto4