Selling 400ex shocks?

TacticalRedneck

Mar 10, 2012
KY
plus.google.com
Ok,

I have a 400ex, and a blaster. So, I am wanting to come up with some more cash to help buy some new shocks on my 400.

So... i am debating selling them, or putting them on my blaster.

But, the bushings are bad on these shocks.
What all is needed to make the 400 shocks work on a blaster? Ain't there a guy on here that custom makes bushings or something to get them to fit :-/ ?

I don't know what the demand is for them, maybe you guys could tell me.... Unsure if i sell them what i could ask for them, any ideas? (I'd probably just leave the shock covers on there.... i don't really like them..... so....)

attachment.php

-luke

Attachments

• IMG_20120906_172308.jpg
    IMG_20120906_172308.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 310
your stock 400EX shocks in GREAT condition are worth about $20 - $40... I have a pair that I can't get $10 for. 450R front shocks are a great upgrade on the EX and can be found for $125 - $200 shipped.

If you are willing to wait a while, I am going to be getting with Tim @ Stellar to do all custom suspension for my Blaster... Roundhouse swingarm with Banshee axle & rear brake setup, 1 off a-arms for Banshee spindles & hubs with 450R front shocks.

Not exactly sure what your budget is, but when the time comes if you wanted to order a set of arms too, it would lower the price for both of us!

your stock 400EX shocks in GREAT condition are worth about $20 - $40... I have a pair that I can't get $10 for. 450R front shocks are a great upgrade on the EX and can be found for $125 - $200 shipped.

If you are willing to wait a while, I am going to be getting with Tim @ Stellar to do all custom suspension for my Blaster... Roundhouse swingarm with Banshee axle & rear brake setup, 1 off a-arms for Banshee spindles & hubs with 450R front shocks.

Not exactly sure what your budget is, but when the time comes if you wanted to order a set of arms too, it would lower the price for both of us!

I just can't run 450r shocks on my 400ex, to get them to fit you have to grind off at either your mount and part of the frame, or the top of the shock....

I've actually already got +2 a-arms, and already decided on fox floats I:I For the rear i'm settling on a linkage, stock swingarm, +4 axle, and 3+5 dwt's. Not to worried about the blaster, it's been in the shop for a few months now :eek:

Lowering blocks will only work with stock length shocks, they will not work useing 16.25 inch yfz or similar size shocks. The shock will hit on the a arm and will not bolt up.

i think the 300 and 400 are diffrent lenghts i think the 300 is shorter than stock blaster shocks

Sounds like a good set up, what sort of price range are we considering?

Sounds like a good set up, what sort of price range are we considering?

I don't know the price right now as this will be his first Blaster stuff, but a typical set of arms are $425 & a swingarm is $350. They may be more since it will be a totally custom setup, and I may be able to get a bit of a break since I just made a $1300 order from him on Friday.

I'll talk more with him about it on Wed. when I pick up my other swingarms, and get a better idea of pricing.