Seal on bottom middle?

.002 is aweful tight clearence

what does the piston box and numbers on top of piston say it is ?
could just be a typo on the reciept ?
if they did bore it straight to 68, thats complete bullspit and wasted a bunch of bores you can never get back.
unless of course that cylinder was really badly scored ?
or they had a 68mm piston laying around they wanted to get rid of ?

One of the scratches did look bad.

And he did specifically say that it had .002 clearance.
Which is in clearance according to this thread http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/piston-clearance.28153/

You could be right they might have taken advantage of me but I'll never know they wouldn't admit it. I'm sure if I asked they would say it needed it even if it didn't

Holy cow a new oe cylinder head is $350!!!!

Last edited:
The stock cast piston clearance is about .0015 thousandths.
Awk is right...going directly to 68mm is maxing everything out,wasting bores.
Makes me wonder.

Carb rebuilt! The needle was on the top slot but I put it in the middle. Now just have to figure out this idle screw and for the rest of my parts to show up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
It started

So me being excited and it being 100 out and about to die wanted to just start it and then finish up tmrw after work

Well I kicked it like 12 times with out taking my exhaust plug out ... Did I damage anything

When I realized and took it out it started 2nd kick only ran it for a second

It started

Well I kicked it like 12 times with out taking my exhaust plug out ... Did I damage anything

When I realized and took it out it started 2nd kick only ran it for a second

I have done that before also. you feel like a real weiner when you see he plug in the exhaust.

Well I got it all back together it started up and sounds good. Only had enough time to run it for a couple minutes tonight going to do the heat cycles tmrw.

It has a fmf pipe on it besides that its stock. The air screw is at one and a half turns and needle in the middle. I guess I need to plug chop it? Even if it runs good?

I did every thing I could get to the 6 bolts on top were still good and I couldn't get my cries foot in to the base so I did like a 1/8 turn on each. I noticed I did have the oil block off on tight enough and it was leaking also the clutch side case bolts were able to turn by hand! So I tightened those down to snug and all the leaking stopped

Reactions: JFortner5
Question on fmf exhaust

Where the exhaust fits into the head and the silencer is there sapose to be some kind of sealent?

I didn't use any so am I loosing power?

Question on fmf exhaust

Where the exhaust fits into the head and the silencer is there sapose to be some kind of sealent?

I didn't use any so am I loosing power?

No sealant. there should be a gasket inside the cylinder. then there flange is bolted on the cylinder. the the FMF slips over the flange and a spring holds the pipe over the flange. Thats it!

Whish list after first ride
1. Heel guards
2 cup holder
3 rear brakes
4 a seat that hasn't been armoralled
5 a tick shield