?'s about vito's 240.

steval570

Jul 2, 2009
first off, I have an 04 that is bored.020 w/ a hot rods crank, vforce 3's, and on and on(you all know, the usual)... I am buying the 240 kit and was wondering what machining, if any at all has to be done? Im thinking there may be some clearance issues with the bottom end and the+3 crank and may need some fine tuning... I am not a mechanic, but I do know my way around motors. Can it really be bolted right on, and if anyone knows what it brings the final compression ratio to that would be awesome! please no BS cause this thing is a sleeper 400ex eater!

have it ported for the crank to get the most power outa it if u dont have the curent cylinder and head set up for it hen it should have a spacer plate besides u should deff get that 240 ported anyway talk to some of the builders on here about it

it will bolt right on but without porting a vitos isnt that great... my ported and stroked stock jug will sh*t on a unported vitos alllll day. just something to think about..

Do you have a stock stroke crank (57mm) or a +4 stroke crank (61mm)? If you have the +4, it requires trenching the case. It would be better too if it was ported to match up the ports on it for both cranks. Give Flotek, Kennedy, or Wildcard Racing a call and they can hook you up. I personally like Wildcard. He is a really nice guy and hooked me up with a fine deal. I now just have to find the time to send it to him and also get money to do so. Hope this helps

i think hes asking if it will bolt right on with a 3 mill crank

and it will as long as he uses the spacer plate but we know that without adjusting the ports its not going to be that great. and while you are paying to have the ports adjusted you would be smokin rock to not have a full port done to it.

and it will as long as he uses the spacer plate but we know that without adjusting the ports its not going to be that great. and while you are paying to have the ports adjusted you would be smokin rock to not have a full port done to it.

yea nad i asked about the spacer plate previous post we realy need some more info on this subject thats what i thinks 8-|

the +3 crank(60mm) is in her now with the spacer plate, and stock jug. i was just thinking logically with the bigger jug on the 240 that there almost has to be some machining to be done at some point. LA sleeve kit is on order now! so by readin all this, ima prob gonna be having a little port work done but its all good. also, do use know if there are clearance issues i.e. bottom end w/ +3 vs. 240head? and one more thing, anyone know the best places and prices to get a 36mm Keihin?

the +3 crank(60mm) is in her now with the spacer plate, and stock jug. i was just thinking logically with the bigger jug on the 240 that there almost has to be some machining to be done at some point. LA sleeve kit is on order now! so by readin all this, ima prob gonna be having a little port work done but its all good. also, do use know if there are clearance issues i.e. bottom end w/ +3 vs. 240head? and one more thing, anyone know the best places and prices to get a 36mm Keihin?

you dont need such a big carb, a 34 or 35mm will be more than enough