reving high please help me

edgeslade

Nov 15, 2009
asheville,nc
X(just did top end rebuild before the buid it would not idle, now when i crank it it revs up probably50%, dosent matter where i set any of the adjustment screws,a guess both air and fuel screw supposed to be 1 1/2 turns out? ican screw both all way in and it still revs, the throttle cabe is free no binds anywhere,all clamps on boots are tight, what the hell is going on, also i dont understand the idle adjustment, the big ass screw on top of the slide? its screwed all way down, please help

it sounds like u went the wrong way if its doing that on the idle and turn the air screw until u get a idle and did u disconect the tors if not unplug it and connect the to wires on the plug (not the one one the carb the one on the frame)

? tors? whats that? what wires? and again it dosent matter where i set fuel or air screw it revs high, by the way its a 99 blaster, the idle adj, the big bolt on top of slide seems like if you raise it up it will raise slide up thus giving more gas thus higher idle?

loosen lowers idle tighten raises it and tors is that big bulky thing on top of the carb and there are 2 wires that plug into it un plug them then connect the ones coming from the frame together and it should idle

is your carb slide in right and is it sliding freely? When you give it throttle when it is off do you hear the slide moving?

The T.O.R.S are a electronic throttle cut off. I think it is called throttle over ride system. Basicly if you get stuck open and full thottle it cuts the motor off. It is the big ass assembly on top of the carb cap. It also connets to the thumb throttle.
You should remove the T.O.R.S the are a sh!tty system.
To remove you need a new carb cap, thottle cable, ilde screw, a tap and a drill bit ( or you can order a T.O.R.S removing kit). Also you can just cut the 2 wire from the plug in the harness and wire them together. Or you can do as I did and remove the whole system entirely from the harness. But if you dont remove the whole system you have to tie the 2 wires together.
Hope this helped you out.

still dont know what tore is? talken bout where spark plug comes from? ther is nothen on top of carb with wires except plug wire and what its attached to

i dont thank thers is tores on carb guess pre, owner took off, there is nothing attached totop of carb except the cable, unless its what i described, anyone have pic of tors?

Well I dont think you have the tors on the Blaster. Does it just have a round carb cap. Or is there a bis assembly on top of the carb cap.

Do you have this on top of your carb cap?
photoMA26533455-0001.jpg

photoMA26533449-0002.jpg

also, what the h**ll is that on top of your carb fioz, my blasty has tors but it is a box under the hood for me, i have no clue what that is, my carb doesn't have it.

yea tors been removed from mine so thats not the problem and hell no im not taking my toy to the dealership, anymore ideas? thanks for the help tho

ok, i would just go thrue the little things and see if all your cables are tight and stuff, then talk to one of the mechanix on here or somethin, are you sure your quad is jetted exactly right?