Reserve or Open ?

fxchris

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, Fl
hey guys is it bad to run the blaster always on reserve ? whats the difference from reserve and open . idk y but my blaster bogs and runs weird on open .

is there enough gas that the fuel is over the "open" or "on" level?

otherwise that side is probably clogged up

sounds like a clog petcock.

the differences between reverse and on is the level. take your petcock off and you see the difference.

is there enough gas that the fuel is over the "open" or "on" level?

otherwise that side is probably clogged up
how much fuel would be on the open level . i put in 2 gallons into an empty tank and still didnt wanna run fine until it was switched to reserve . and the petcock is brand neww. i dont think it should clogged already .

sounds like a clog petcock.

the differences between reverse and on is the level. take your petcock off and you see the difference.
i see the reserve filter is lower then the open . but is there a difference in gas flow going to the carb . ?

the difference the empty tank and the full reverse is around half a gallon. a full take is i think 2.6gallon, not 100 percent but those are close numbers.

but there shouldn't be any problem with running on reverse other than not knowing when you are about to run out of gas.

I ride on 'open' until the engine dies when the fuel gets to the reserve pick-up level. Then I switch to reserve to get me back to base for more fuel.

ight imma leave it on reserve then lol . and wow lasxgames i see ur blasty got a list of upgrades do u beat 400ex . all my friends got 400ex and raptors and banshees . i need to stick with em lmao il get there though eventually

I belive the reason your blaster runs better on reserve is that your filter on the petcock is clogged on the ON fuel filter. the reserve filter has not had as much use so it is not as clogged. take your petcock out and clean it and everything should be fine. there are two shafts that come up off the petcock into the gas tank a long one and a short one. the short one is the reserve and the long one is the OPEN that is the only difference between open and reserve