Repair to engine case (pictures)

MRSTARK44

Jan 16, 2011
I had asked whether or not this should be leaking tranny fluid... i was told to get some Quick Steel and patch it up. Here are the pictures to document the processss..

Scrokk through all of em,

give me your thoughts,

go here and scroll thru the pics.
Pictures by mrstark44 - Photobucket

as long as you preped the surface well by cleaning it and mixed the stuff good i bet it will be just fine. how well does it seem to be holding? i would keep an eye on it when i ride and next time you rebuild i would take it and have welded up. good work!!

Looks good enough!!! Have you tried it out yet? No effect on clutch pull? Would think taht welding it later would require remachining for clutch arm.

looks good bro, quicksteel !!!!!!

good temp fix. ultimately though, the next time you have to rebuild the motor, take it and have it welded up right and fix it for good. If done right, ground and sanded, the repair will be invisible. then when it's time to sell, you have nothing that is patched up.

You went a lil overkill on the amount but it's prolly fixed for life.
FWIW you can use a wet finger to smooth the stuff out before it hardens.
It's easier to do that rather then sanding it after it sets up especially in an area like that.
I used the stuff to fix my 400 case from a chain wack.
I did the wet finger smoothing, then sandblasted it when I painted the whole motor.
You have to look real hard to see it and it does not leak.
Good stuff I:I

i had jb weld when i had my warrior the chain snaped and hit the case i cleaned it up and put the jb weld it worked untill the engine got hot

exactly, thats why i say "JB" stands for "junk bullshit"
we had to tow my buddies lt250 about 15 miles once cause when the motor got hot enuf, and we stopped for a drink, we noticed it had turned white and was running down the case, with oil following it.

quicksteel.......FTW!!!!!