Rebuild on the "FREE SHEE"

The cases don't have any damage. Can you give me any ideas on a good setup. If I get this motor rebuilt I want to stroke it and get it ported. I don't want to have to trench the cases, so I'm thinking 4mm. Already has a cool head on it, but one of the domes is knocked up a little bit. So my question is if I do a 4mm crank what cc domes and what size carbs should I run? I plan on going with t5 pipes. From what I've read they are pretty good. I will be riding trails and tracks. Just looking for a good setup that won't break the bank.

All depends on your budget.You were talking prior to a used ebay $1000 motor.You could rebuild that motor with a stock stroke crank,cool head,reeds,porting, etc and have a pretty nice trail machine that has a fresh rebuild and is a better bang for your buck.You can put $1000 into a shee or $20,000+ there is almost no limit with them.A good 4mil crank is going to set you back $500+.Stay away from Wang Chinese cranks.Even other aftermarket companies sell them so be aware of what you buy if you go this route.The shees stock carb is actually a pretty good setup for trails and doesn't need to be upgraded to a larger one unless you plan to drag/dune or go to a 7+mil.You can buy new domes seperately for cheap enough rather than buying the whole cool head.

Well I talked to Ken Occonor today. (He is the man!) I have decided to do a 4mm hot rods crank, 21cc domes, KOR port/polish, billet impeller, and new top ends. I am going to keep the 2 into 1 carb setup cause I've heard it is a good trail setup. I also plan on running t5 pipes and vf4's. Somebody is giving me a dual carb setup so I will always have the option the change it over. This setup will run me about 1,600. Should run pretty good. I'll just call it 2 grand with odds and ends.

Well this one is gonna be forced to be a track/trail bike.

I just worked out a deal where I'm trading a blaster minus motor and plastics for all the pieces I need for the banshee.

Well I talked to Ken Occonor today. (He is the man!) I have decided to do a 4mm hot rods crank, 21cc domes, KOR port/polish, billet impeller, and new top ends. I am going to keep the 2 into 1 carb setup cause I've heard it is a good trail setup. I also plan on running t5 pipes and vf4's. Somebody is giving me a dual carb setup so I will always have the option the change it over. This setup will run me about 1,600. Should run pretty good. I'll just call it 2 grand with odds and ends.

Good choice.Sounds like a great plan.It will rip when doneI:I

banshee's are not good track quads end of story, there heavy and big, they can be pretty good trail quads but i think banshees are at home in the dunes or drags

There are plenty of chassis made for the shee that help it quite a bit on the track.Mostr based off of 250r gemoetry.

I ride more trails than track anyway. I have a couple more questions. Is the banshee and blaster rear caliper interchangeable? What is a good replacement rear shock? I peeked in the 36mm pj and it hada 60 pilot and a 168 main. Does this sound close? Also the cylinders have "MSPC" stamped on them. They have not been ported. Any ideas what this means?

Might have found something that sucks really bad. The pistons that were in there are stamped 66.94. Is that the last bore?

Correction. They say 65.94 so that makes them .80 over. 'that will definetly hurt the budget! Maybe that's why the top end never got done.

Last edited:
The cases don't have any damage. Can you give me any ideas on a good setup. If I get this motor rebuilt I want to stroke it and get it ported. I don't want to have to trench the cases, so I'm thinking 4mm. Already has a cool head on it, but one of the domes is knocked up a little bit. So my question is if I do a 4mm crank what cc domes and what size carbs should I run? I plan on going with t5 pipes. From what I've read they are pretty good. I will be riding trails and tracks. Just looking for a good setup that won't break the bank.

my mechanic and the only person i know personally with a banshee. both say that banshees are too heavy to do jumps with. mainly front heavy. the racer i know did a few 10'+ jumps and had the crank the throttle to get it from doing a nose dive too much.

by reading everything in this post u will be over $6xxx when done :D lol, i want a banshee sooooo bad but they are all too expensive around here for my budget right now.

No way I'll be over 6 grand. I just sold a Stroked blaster motor on eBay tonight for 850. That came on a bike I bought for 300 bucks. With all the parts I sold off that bike and the motor I made a profit of 1,150. I also have that works rear shock on eBay now. That will add another couple hundred to the profit when it sells.

I worked out a deal on this motor. I'm giving the guy my POS motor and getting this motor for 800. I was going to rebuild my motor until I realized the cylinders cannot be bored again. I'm keeping my flywheel/stator too.
1994 Yamaha Banshee 350 Engine Motor with Cool Head 150PSI on Both Cylinders | eBay

So now I will have a running motor for what I sold a blaster motor for. The 300 dollar bike has already paid for itself not counting the motor and shock. Basically I will have a piped banshee with dual stock carbs (getting that setup for free) for about 200 bucks. Then the cylinders are going to ken to get ported. So for 600 bucks I should have a pretty solid bike. I traded some blaster parts for a gas tank and airbox today. Now I'm sure I will do some suspention work along with other things, but all that can be done when I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool man nice score! my stock motor with a filter and pipes hauls a$$! lmk if you need any old rusty parts brought back to life.

i love my shee

Looks like I am going to pick the motor up tomorrow. I had a rear caliper laying around so I slapped that on last night and bled it. It was missing the cap to the front master cylinder so I ordered a moose billet one today. Sense a lot of bolts were missing I ordered a ss bolt kit too. Now that I printed out a manual I won't be completely in the dark.

If there were good deals around me like you have found, i would be buying them and selling parts on ebay making profit all the time. All you need is a little starting money and good deals lol

I just sold a 3mm blather motor on eBay for 850.

So no I'm going to pick up the banshee motor Thursday. I'm also getting rear bead locks with good razor tires on them in two weeks. And guess what, they are free! Apparently those wheels were on the banshee and right before he gave it to me he let somebody put them on a blaster. Well that somebody needed a piston and hone on their blaster. I had a piston that came with one of the bikes I bought so I made the trade. He wants to ride on them at Busco and then they are going on the banshee. This really is a free shee. I have put out a total of 70 dollars so far. Everything else has been on trades that have paid for themselves. Hopefully things will keep working out this way!