Rebuild on the "FREE SHEE"

Is there any other way to change the look of the front hood? I looked at the full bore plastics and I'm not a big fan

So I was just reading about those plastics. There is a reason they only show them from the front. They look like sh*t from the side. I liked them before I saw a side view. Anybody have any ideas on how to change the original look? I really don't like the flat outdated look.

So I was just reading about those plastics. There is a reason they only show them from the front. They look like sh*t from the side. I liked them before I saw a side view. Anybody have any ideas on how to change the original look? I really don't like the flat outdated look.

yeah the radiator stocks out huh, thats why i hate em and i dont like raptor style plastics anyways

Check out voltric they make some sweet hoods and fenders for the banshee.

Thanks. I will check it out later on my laptop. My I pad won't let me for some reason.

Update... The shee now has working front and rear brakes. I did a wheel swap with my blaster because the will work better on the shee. The offsets and spacers were not working. We run our bike at 48" wide. I also took the cylinders and pistons off to send to ken for inspection/porting. The crank looked and felt good. I ordered a polished clutch cover, clutch cover gasket, petcock, and master cylinder cover. I will be stripping the red paint off of the plastics and getting the decals off soon. Here is a pic.

IMG_20130302_184725_zpsf3da8024.jpg

I put the banshee wheels on the blasty. I have an extra set of banshee rears, but I'm keeping them for spares sense both bike now are running banshee bolt pattern.

I'm sending ken the cylinders from the motor I just bought. The motor that came with it needed a crank and the cylinders were bored to the max.

My 200 watt stator with adjustable timing ame it today. I slapped it on and set it to +4.

2013030295222733_zpsc61dc70c.jpg

Decided to bring the rusty t5 pipes to work with me today. They are not done yet, but are getting pretty close. Here are some pics.

IMG_20130303_075418_zps4bfae915.jpg

IMG_20130303_075441_zps59ecffa9.jpg

IMG_20130303_075809_zps393e4dc0.jpg

IMG_20130303_125335_zps5219495b.jpg

I'm the boss! I try to keep it to breaks and lunch though. Gotta love union work.

So I got almost all the surface rust off. Now I will hit it with a polishing pad and compound to get rid of the swirl marks. I was going to shine up the plastics tonight, but the wife is sick. Doesn't look like there will be any garage time tonight.

I will be removing the dumb red paint soon. Then I will wets and all the plastics. This is the graphics kit I'm going to throw on there.

Yamaha Banshee Rockstar Graphics | eBay

And I'm hit it all with mop and glow.

Decided to give the blasty a little love too. Had the graphics guy at work make these for me.

IMG_20130303_194823_zps09b73405.jpg

Fender is still dirty from the last outing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the banshee wheels on the blasty. I have an extra set of banshee rears, but I'm keeping them for spares sense both bike now are running banshee bolt pattern.

I'm sending ken the cylinders from the motor I just bought. The motor that came with it needed a crank and the cylinders were bored to the max.

My 200 watt stator with adjustable timing ame it today. I slapped it on and set it to +4.

2013030295222733_zpsc61dc70c.jpg
nice it's really coming together
I'm gonna keep it. I just put my kx250 on cl.
WHAT!!:eek:
Decided to bring the rusty t5 pipes to work with me today. They are not done yet, but are getting pretty close. Here are some pics.

IMG_20130303_075418_zps4bfae915.jpg

IMG_20130303_075441_zps59ecffa9.jpg

IMG_20130303_075809_zps393e4dc0.jpg

IMG_20130303_125335_zps5219495b.jpg

Miraculaus how long it take you most of the day??

I have a feeling your neighbor is going to most envious when you ride by :D

It didn't take that long. Probably 1.5 hours. You would be surprised how fast that die grinder works with the scoot pack. That's just stage 1 though. I still have to polish them. Total time will probably be around 4 hours for 2 pipes ans silencers. I paid 160 for them, new they are 600. Well worth a half day. Makes you appreciate the shine more too.