Rebuild on the "FREE SHEE"

Waiting on parts. When I get my chariot impeller and do the plexiglas on the clutch cover I can get the bottom end finished up. Then I should have my cylinders back from KOR. My plastics are pretty faded. I might paint them yellow and do some cool designs on it.

Blue is a little to plain for me. I am definetly going to keep it yellow and black. I might try to shine up the plastics and put a decal kit on it. Or I might paint it. Not sure yet.

I don't think I'm going to paint the frame. I didn't paint or PC the frame on my blaster either. I know it looks good, but I don't want a trailer queen. I try to focus more performance than looks. I will probably get bored and tear both of them down and have the frames PC'd.

So I got the decals and red paint off. I whipped the plastic down with some goof off, but it's going to take some work to get them to shine.
IMG_20130315_173438_zps475ecbf8.jpg

Cfm airbox, k&n filters, and outerwears came in. Put it together and just set it in there.
IMG_20130315_175606_zps50bdce12.jpg

A little story about KOR. Some people might get tired of hearing everybody say how good Ken's work is and how nice of a guy he is. Well I don't care who is tired of it. After you hear this story you will understand why he has the rep he has.

Before I sent ken the cylinders I was talking with him (Not emailing!) and I was asking what size carbs I should buy. I explained to him that the bike didn't come with them and I had to buy some either way. He gave me the number to his friend who he thought had some carbs. I called him (Sean) and explained to him that I needed to buy some carbs and asked if he wanted to sell them. He said "If ken is building your motor you can have them for free. I will drop them off when he ships the motor to you." he is also giving me the intakes because he went to a 2 into 1 setup. Long story short Sean is giving me 200 dollars worth of parts because I said "Ken told me to give you a call.) That says a lot about somebody and people like that are hard to come by.

Last edited:
Reactions: JordyRoo
Graphics, seat cover, and the stuff to renew the plastics came in the mail. I will be doing them tomorrow and taking pictures.

nice work, them plastics and grafix look purdy !

The orange one isn't mine. The rockstar shock covers are going on the banshee. The black blaster is getting retro Yamaha graphics.

Been down the banshee build, the only limit to a banshee
is how much money you want to spend.This is a couple
items you may really want to look into.

Banshee Engine items in Tony Doukas Racing and TDR911 store on eBay!
Carbon Fiber reeds for Yamaha Banshee. Part# 60-C.
The reeds are made by TDR , Tony Doukas Racing.
They are for stock & slightly modified motors.
Depending on the engine mods these reeds will
give an overall increase in power of approximatly
2 to 4 horsepower. They fit stock reed cages.

F.A.S.T Racing
Clutch pancake bearing,
THis is the Cascade style pancake bearing that comes
with inner adjusting stud, brg, and the tool all in one.
This is a big hit with the Banshee crowd. Helps to eliminate
the dreaded clutch rod/ball welding themselves together
causing carnage in your engine. Helps smooth out the clutch engagement.

F.A.S.T Racing
DUAL CARBURETOR SYNCHONIZER TOOL WITH ADAPTOR
This is a MUST HAVE for Banshee owners!
The only real way to synchronize both carbs perfectly.
This will really sharpen throttle response to alleviate
dead spots and improve power throughout the RPM range.
It is super easy to use and comes with an adaptor to
fit 26mm stock carbs all the way up to the 41mm monsters.
Stop guessing and get TUNED.

Cool head with 20cc domes on new .020 over build with aggressive trail port, my compression was
168-170 at 650ft elevation.I run 93 oc w 40:1 Klotz Super TechniPlate trouble free
for about 3 yrs so far.

The banshee is already a bit nose heavy, extending the swinger will only make
it heaver in the nose "great for hill climbing not so good for trail riding
or doing some playing on jumps".

I didnt really care for the big elephant ears for front fenders, I shaved mine off.
One would argue the big fenders help with mud ect, well they just plain old sucked
and give me about the same protection shaved off as they did on. "IMO"

Going back to the duel carb 26vm ss's is a very smart move, they work real well.
There drawback is when water gets sucked through them they tend to vapor lock and
stick open and give ya one heck of a ride(been there done that).

If you have a question on something, I will do my best to answer it.

Good luck, loving the yellow :)

Thanks for the advice. I already bought v force 4 reeds for it. And I have a cool head with 22cc domes. I will check the compression when the cylinders come back. I would like it to be around 150-160 sense I will be running a stock crank for now. I will look into the pancake bearing and sync tool.

Last edited: