Rebuild of the blastersaurus

looks really good man !

only thing id do is run a aftermarket front bumper, the stock one is just so ugly.

stratton.

Well if you go to the beginning you'll see why it will complicate things if I were to change it. The bumper is not removable and I would have to cut and weld a plate on the frame to mount an a/m bumper. If I ever mash it up I will have to change it, but i'm going to leave it alone for now.

Last edited:
i missed that part of the thread for sure. mind just ving me a quick run down why, dont feel like going threw 21 pages lol.

stratton.

i missed that part of the thread for sure. mind just ving me a quick run down why, dont feel like going threw 21 pages lol.

stratton.

here's better pics of the custom built frame in the builders rob (phragle)
threads.
take notice of the front frame geometry, it's all welded out to and including the bumper......

http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/200cc-world-record-blaster-30230/

read under those /\ pics.... world record holder, baja 1000 winner, dirt wheels feature article, ect.

MOAR :)
http://www.blasterforum.com/sale-18/blastersaurous-lot-parts-54941/

wow, thats pretty epic, with a ton of history.

im surprised the guy didnt keep it. im sure he put so much of him self into the bike, the races and the lifestyle.

stratton.

Well I got it all put together, but it won't fire up. The only thing I changed was the carb. Went from a 36mm to 38mm. I put in a 48 pilot, 158 main, and dgh needle in middle slot. Has good blue spark, brand new air filter, and new plug. Plug is wet. Tried air screw settings from 1/4 turn out to 3.5 turns out.

This motor only has about 3 hours on it. Passed leak test and compression is good.

I plan on going back out there in a little bit and changing the pilot jet.

No signs of ignition? no sputtering or trying to run or anything? I'm pretty certain next time u try it will fire up. Try a new plug if u have one. is the gap right?

i agree, way up on that pilot.

16mm float height ?

standard jetting for a pwk 38 from carb parts warehouse.....
...................................main.....pilot.......needle.........slide
PWK 38MM 71R.. #172....#58.....48DEG.....C.A.6.0

of course thats going to be rich for a blaster compared to whatever bike the 38 was used on.
but that should be closer than the 34/35 jetting you currently have ?? < thats a question :)

PWK Jetting and Dimensions

Thanks guys. Still no luck. I put a 55 pilot in there and nothing. Still has a STRONG blue spark and the plug is wet.

So I put my 36mm on. When that carb was on it always started in one kick. Tried to start once, then nothing. I'm thinking it's flooded now. I have probably kicked it 75 times. Has brand new vf4's too.

I bet your right. It should at least sputter or attempt to run unless it's seriously flooded. Not fir nothing but my kitty cat last year when i changed to a bigger carb i kept flooding it. Same issues your having..

Last edited:
Pipe is not clogged. It will act like it wants fire up. It will pop once for a half a second then won't do anything again. So I have my 36mm back on with the jetting I was running. I will mess with the motor next time.

I did get some headlight brackets made and mounted my lights.

tried another new plug ?
a fouled plug will sometimes fire while testing it, but not under the pressure when in the cylinder

I had a brand new plug in it!

IT FIRED UP! It was flooded really bad. Smoked up my garage when it finally did start. I kept kicking it with the chock off and it started. I really want to use that 38mm carb. I think it's the same problem I was having with my 36. It has a #5 slide in it. It is supposed to have a #6 slide. I will be calling carb parts warehouse Monday.