ran into a snag with the bb 3 mill

Drk_rider

Oct 5, 2011
kansas
So I was getting ready to install the motor. You know how you miss things here and there. well I missed the fact that the vitos cylinder does not have any exhaust lugs installed. Then to top it off the fmf pipe does not have a flange on it. Only a spot for a single spring. The vitos cylinder does not have a spot to attach a spring. ARRRG!!!!!
Anyone know the best way to get this hooked up?

so you missing the exhaust flange that bolts to the cylinder??? this should have the hole on it for the spring. bolts can work to mount it but should use studs

i made myown flange out of a flatt piece of steel with i think a 2' hole cut into the midde buttweld a 2' exhast tubing to that and drill bolt holes and shes made.

ok looked on fmf site and they have a flange. anyone know if this is a weld on flange?
Also where would I get 2 studs to put in the cylinder?

it wouldnt be a weld on it should bolt to the cylinder and slide into or over the fmf pipe, then connect up the spring. im pretty sure any hardware place should have the studs

for studs. go to the hardware store and get em. the flange from fmf will bolt to the cylinder, then the spring will hold the flange to the pipe . dont forget to get a new exhaust gasket while your in there.

Well, when I have the problem of no hole to stick my spring in, I do what all men should do.... whip out the welder!

All jokes aside, the FMF pipes sometimes have loops built onto them and sometimes they have a tiny washer with a loop made onto it. You can make one of these yourself with a piece of mild 3/32" round stock (available at most hardware stores) and a pair of needle nose pliers (and a few washers to "sandwich it"). Just bend an oval out of the 3/32' round rod and install it around one of the exhaust studs. Install a washer on each side and squish the round down between them. Once you've got the round clamped down tight, slide the pipe onto the cylinder adapter (with a little silicone between them to keep away that pesky splooge) and put the spring between the loop you just made, and the loop on the pipe.

What size bolts do you run in yours 245stroker?

And hardware stores dont carry them. been that route before looking for automotive metric nuts and bolts.

M8 x 1.25 IF your stud holes are stock.

My local ace hardware carries M8 x 1.25 metric "all thread" pieces about 4" long. I've cut them before to make exhaust flange sutds. Just have to make sure after you cut them, that you sand the ends back off and run a nut off the end to clean up those last threads so you can get a nut started when you want to.

ok found some on a spare cylinder. gonna pull them for now. send me your email and ill buy them soon. gotta get a flange first.

wow u guys wont believe this. Told my buddy about this and he said his cousin has a blaster top end for sale. i asked him for his number and called him. told him i was interested in his top end and asked for pics. he sent me pics and low and behold there sits a flange. he told me it was ported by fast racing in january and only ran it for about 2 hrs and decided to buy a big bore kit. been sitting on the shelf ever since. Asked him how much and he said 100 bucks. I said ill be over after work tomorrow. he said for 100 more he would throw in the bottom end that was rebuilt the same time the bottom was. Guess ill be building another blaster in the near future

wow u guys wont believe this. Told my buddy about this and he said his cousin has a blaster top end for sale. i asked him for his number and called him. told him i was interested in his top end and asked for pics. he sent me pics and low and behold there sits a flange. he told me it was ported by fast racing in january and only ran it for about 2 hrs and decided to buy a big bore kit. been sitting on the shelf ever since. Asked him how much and he said 100 bucks. I said ill be over after work tomorrow. he said for 100 more he would throw in the bottom end that was rebuilt the same time the bottom was. Guess ill be building another blaster in the near future

Now that's a deal!

thats perfect man, isnt it funny how the best deals come around the most random way