Rad valve cost more

Oh and a little birdy whispered in my ear that reed cage spacers (favor bottom/midrange) will not fit on VF3's because they are shaped a little differently then a stock cage. Is there any truth to do this? Has anyone tried to run a spacer with them or does anybody have one installed with a set of the 3's? I put my new spacer on my stock cage today and noticed a decent boost to the bottom. And I don't think I lost any top end (if I did it was very little to where I didn't notice it)

depends on what u want to do, top end screamer, the rad valve is probally not your thing but a trail machine i would rock one again if a good deal came up. i used to drag race with my rad valve i opened up and there is a long list of 400's and a few 450's that would agree it ran really good lol I:I :D

I mainly trail ride, so I do prefer bottom to mid range power... But I also do like to rip WOT sometimes. I know I can't really have both but I would like to get the most out of my bottom to midrange w/o losing any top end or maybe even gaining some top end if I'm lucky

dont run a reed spacer unless carb clearance is a issue, hold on a min and ill find a vid of my rad valve running, it was no slouch on topend thats for sure

i run a 3/8" spacer in front of my vf3's on the black bike, only because someone used yamabond to glue the 2 together, and trying to seperate the 2 looked like it was gonna damage the vf3 cage
you cannot run the spacer behind the vf3's as the insert will push back out and cause all kinds of problems

what "in front" or "behind" does is move the powerband up or down only, it does not add anything
in front for lower, behind for higher rpm "hit"

Ya I know I just "favors" the powerband & doesn't add anything, sorta like getting a bigger rear sprocket for more torque/bottom end :) but that's what I would like to favor so there's no way I can fun it with vf3's even if I modify it? How exactly do you run your spacer? In the front? And you said it gives more RPM "hit"? Clarify that a little more please if you could

Ya I know I just "favors" the powerband & doesn't add anything, sorta like getting a bigger rear sprocket for more torque/bottom end :) but that's what I would like to favor so there's no way I can fun it with vf3's even if I modify it? How exactly do you run your spacer? In the front? And you said it gives more RPM "hit"? Clarify that a little more please if you could

you can't run the spacer behind the vf3's, you can run it in front, and sometimes is needed to space the carb back further to clear the clutch arm
my vf3's, pro-design intake and 34mm clear without the spacer, other intakes may need it ???

in front moves the powerband hit lower in the rpm's, behind moves the hit higher in the rpm's

Oh cool so if I take my spacer off now (it's between engine & reed cage) and stick it ontop of my cage (between reed cage & intake boot) it will hit power band sooner then it already does? I really like the sounds of that!.. I let the clutch out touch tap the throttle & BAM I'm doing wheelies!!!! Lol, I know it won't be that drastic I'm just kidding but, hitting power band a little earlier seems good to me so I don't have to red line my engine as much to get power ;)

no,
in front of the reedcage, between reeds/cylinder = earlier powerband,
behind the intake, between reeds/intake = later powerband
i think, LOL

no,
in front of the reedcage, between reeds/cylinder = earlier powerband,
behind the intake, between reeds/intake = later powerband
i think, LOL

How the heck can it be "in front of reed cage but between the reeds/cylinder at the same time? Lol. Are you messing around with me? Just being funny? Or am I being a total idiot and not understanding you at all? Lol

How the heck can it be "in front of reed cage but between the reeds/cylinder at the same time? Lol. Are you messing around with me? Just being funny? Or am I being a total idiot and not understanding you at all? Lol

ahhhh, the reeds mount against the cylinder, then the intake to the reed cage, insert spacer in either place ????...............

c.. s.. r..s.. i.
y.. p. e. p.. n.
l... a..e..a...t.
i... c..d..c...a.
n.. e. s. e...k.
d.. r..... r...e.
e.
r

/\ in front of reeds, and between reeds/cylinder, at the same exact time
(seems it would only stay semi-aligned with the periods in place)