R.I.P. KOR Top End.

motoman159

Mar 8, 2012
central Florida
well i was having a great weekend of riding untill,
you can see it goes all the way around the stud. Looks like im sol because i dont have enough money for a new one.

get it welded by at a weld shop. they should be able to repair that crack without any trouble.

Damn man you have some bad luck. I am starting to think you have issues elsewhere. No one goes through this many top ends so quickly!!! lol
ive never blown up a top end. ive broken everything under the sun but ive never burnt one up and had to have a bore and new piston... i just break everything around it.

come on, i know better, my dad would whoop my ass.

I know your on other forums and don't want you to get some bad advice from some back woods hacks that think they know how to fix stuff. Stat away from JB weld,Duct tape and old rusty parts cleaned up with a wire brush as your main repair items.

I know your on other forums and don't want you to get some bad advice from some back woods hacks that think they know how to fix stuff. Stat away from JB weld,Duct tape and old rusty parts cleaned up with a wire brush as your main repair items.
Gotcha. Yes i do post on "other forums" but no amount of talking is going to convince me that its ok to "rig" something as vital as a cylinder.

Reactions: blasterdemon7
Never EVER repair something with JB weld when duct tape will work just fine.....

embarrassed-smiley13.gif

I think it is time to have your torque wrench calibrated, lugs breaking like that are usually caused by over tension or incorrect tension sequence.

Questions :: Are you using a paper type of gasket?

Did you ride through deep water?

I think it is time to have your torque wrench calibrated, lugs breaking like that are usually caused by over tension or incorrect tension sequence.

Question :: Are you using a paper type of gasket?
I've got a $300 snap on torque wrench.... and I'm using cosmetic gaskets. No deep water. And the stud didn't break?????

well i just so happened to have kept them.
Do i notice a silicone sealant between the cylinder and the case.

Did you have issues with the gasket leaking.

Did you over tighten the nuts to get a good seal.

What wrench fitting did you use in conjunction with the tension wrench to tighten the nuts down,