quik question about chains

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Is a renthal R4 Z-chain the same as the others what chain should i order to get that gold chain look and performance without the price also the gold link ones are a 120 link and im pretty sure a stock chain length is arround 90-100

so should i get the atv X ring 100 link $10 extra R1 gold 120 link at no additional cost or the R4 Z ring 100 link

im kinda leaning tward the R1 gold 120 link.....also what difference will a 14T front sprocket do for me differently that a 13T wont? thanks guys:-/

Is a renthal R4 Z-chain the same as the others what chain should i order to get that gold chain look and performance without the price also the gold link ones are a 120 link and im pretty sure a stock chain length is arround 90-100

so should i get the atv X ring 100 link $10 extra R1 gold 120 link at no additional cost or the R4 Z ring 100 link

im kinda leaning tward the R1 gold 120 link.....also what difference will a 14T front sprocket do for me differently that a 13T wont? thanks guys:-/

A 14 front will slow down your get up and go, but if you have the ready power to pull a 14 the speed will increase.

Warning, if you replace the chain and the front sprocket without replacing the rear sprocket, the chain will be old before its time.

it comes as a full kit front and back sprocket and chain thats what im looking at getting. ok cool thanks for the info about the front sprocket( i already knew you have to replace them as a whole otherwise youll get un-even alot of the time excellerated chain wear)

any info about the longer chain?? i can always call the local shop but id like to hear your advice if you have any firsthand knoweledge about these chains.

all you have to do is cut them. you should always get one or two master link kits as well. can be a lifesaver sometimes

o ok dua just cut it/drive the pin out to adjust the length and re fit for the master link section right

Get a universal chain breaker. Only safe way to do it.

Sure using a grinder to take off the top and then a punch to take it out works, but when you grind that top off, you hit the link and weaken it.

You should only need one master, any more and i wouldnt suggest using that chain any longer

thanks herpderplol yea any more than one master and id only use it as a sweet necklace for when i visit the grandparents in the city lol

i was told youd just need a punch but yea i todally see that not working and i would use a grinder in a panic and surely hit it. i think my dads buddy has one i'll just pester him to ask for it if he has it when i get a new chain. Mines kinda old (3years old for sure) it dosent kink or have any weak spots or streck to it.it just looks old used and grimey even after i took it off and cleaned it.

thanks bud

If you havn't already got a chain i'd strongly advice you to get the DID atv Xring chain, it has the nice gold with black inner look. but more importantly it can take the strain! .. On my predator I fitted a brand new renthal R3 chain and new sprockets, took it out and it snapped within the first 6hours and went straight through the engine casings... after i got it all sorted i chose to use the DID atv chain and up to now it's hold up VERY well! :)

Only get an X-ring if you ride a lot of sand, otherwise get an O-ring chain

89blaster89 thinks o-rings take power away, but thats bull...

Only get an X-ring if you ride a lot of sand, otherwise get an O-ring chain

89blaster89 thinks o-rings take power away, but thats bull...

Well I was told the DID Atv X-ring was the best all round, and so far it is the best chain i've had... i do ride alot of dusty stuff though, and also ill be riding the street so, from MY experience this is the chain i'd recommend to the OP I:I