Some questions about Replacing Axle bearings and Chain/sprocket

Red is the fastest colour in chains.

What have you been flogging it with, certainly not a soft faced implement

Very funny lol and I've tried prying it out with a hammer, then a screwdriver from the other side but I can't get it to stay on an edge like that, then I tried 2 different wood chisels and broke them both

Aluminum sprockets wear out fast

buy quality, not color

Gotcha so I'll definitely get steel sprockets

soak it with PB Blaster over night, then heat the outside of the carrier with a propane torch to get it to expand bigger than the race, bend the tip slightly on the biggest screwdriver you can find so it can catch the little lip.
then get a bigger hammer :)

if all else fails.............

be very careful to only weld around the race itself, do not weld it to the inside of the carrier, or you just made a paperweight.

Ill try the pb and torch method. If that doesn't work i guess ill be buying a new carrier since i don't have a welder, nor the experience to do that correctly lol
Use a Dremal, or even a drill with grinding stone. No problem if you happen to nick the carrier grinding the race. By grinding the race you will relieve the tension.

I would probably consider a drift punch, I have enough beat up screw drivers.

I am fairly confident that the PB and heat will work.

The hard part is to keep the punch on the lip of the bearing.

If the screwdriver method fails, at the last resort use a small sharp cold chisel with short sharp blows of a large hammer.

Tap in 4 places diagonally so not to sideways jam the bearing.

I am not going to delete for being late, just learn to type faster!

Here's where I'm at now. I tried heating it with a torch, that did the work, so I've been applying pb and using a dremal. I was using a diamond cutting blade, I'm going to try a sander attachment next but the battery on it died. It still won't budge.

Here's where I'm at now. I tried heating it with a torch, that did the work, so I've been applying pb and using a dremal. I was using a diamond cutting blade, I'm going to try a sander attachment next but the battery on it died. It still won't budge.
That thing could be welded to the carrier. Mine was bad to. Bearing was mashed and the collar was stuck in there. You may want to check on ebay for a used carrier. Just saying. Might be worth the headache.

damn i dont get why the blaster carriers are either really sh*tty looking or really expensive.
They may look bad but I'm sure they are functional. Just make sure you look at the pics good and read description. You can always contact seller with questions. You could always search for an 03+ carrier and get rear hydraulic brakes. They don't come very often, and they will probably be more money. Anyway keep at it, and hopefully you can get it out. Good luck.

They may look bad but I'm sure they are functional. Just make sure you look at the pics good and read description. You can always contact seller with questions. You could always search for an 03+ carrier and get rear hydraulic brakes. They don't come very often, and they will probably be more money. Anyway keep at it, and hopefully you can get it out. Good luck.

yeah i suppose but half of them still have bearings in them so id probably be going through the same annoyance. Ill see what i can do with this one, in the mean time ill keep looking.