quickly paint ur rims without taping or spraying ur tires as well

twistedink0

Nov 8, 2011
little rhody
ok heres another trick im gona share .. take ur rims off ur bike u can keep ur tires on now lay them down flat on the ground get an old set or new set of playing cards and use them place them in the lip of ur rim where ur tire meets go all the way around and then spray no over spray anywhere on the tires done right and clean quick an easy .. and a pic to give u an idea even though these are car rims ull get the idea and if the pic didnt work heres a link for a site with pics for u to see .. may have to scroll down butt there in there
Painting Alloy Rims - JeepForum.com

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 646
Reactions: IGottaPee
Great idea! I'll give it a try, what type of paint do you like?

I find that ceramic high temp engine paint works great.The trick is after your put on a few coats let it cure for a couple hours. Then heat the rim/paint up a few times with a good quailty heat gun to cure the paint. This will help the paint take much more abuse without chipping or scratching.

Make sure you fully rub down the old paint on the rims before applying the first coat.

If you dont get a key for the paint to bind to its gonna chip.

Use just enough paint to cover, as more paint is less flexible, and more prone to chipping.

You guys act like polished rims aren't the cheapest, easiest to find aftermarket wheels for any bike. They are like $40.
When I get new wheels I always go for the tire/wheel combo kit. Less trouble then just buying tires and then having to pay someone to take off the old ones and put the new ones on.
The results speak for themselves B)

2011-09-01_19-26-20_773.jpg