paint plastics fullproof

twistedink0

Nov 8, 2011
little rhody
1st off im a noob on the site .. well had an old account butt forgot my email passwords bla bla.. anyway ..im sure everyone knows of the rustoleum paintjob people are doing on cars .. well i have a good full proof way to paint ur plastics for the same price u would pay for cans .. go to lowes home depot ect and find the rustoleum oil based paints in quarts pic ur color or use two to mix an make the color needed 10 bucks a quart usually and then find somewhere that sells other auto paints not out a can either .. get ur self some thinner flex and fast hardner the fast is for the paint to cure quickly because the oiled base take forever . add about 2 cap fulls per quart about 8th of a cup of each mix to a thinner mix so its pours smooth butt not to thick or thin just use the brain .. hit harbor freight or wherever get a spray rig electric or a cheap air gun that u use with compressor .. do about 2 think layer coats then one good let it dry to touch and dry in a hot area if u still have a nice warm day let em sit in the sun .. u can use flake or anything .. and fro better results use some dupont clear its in a quart not out a spraycan and add hardener an flex as well .. . wet sand em before u do all this as u would even spraying out a can then hit em with some filler primer out of a can not regular primer filler it is thick and wet sand that too before u paint best part rustoleum gas resistant will not come off if u spill i did this as a test to a piece of cut off fender an folded it in half and paint didnt chip i added a lil more flex an hardender u can do as u please. just take ur time do things right .. blaster are starting to look like crap .. almost imp to find a bike that hast had the best of autonzes spray paint just gona chip and flake .. u can do this all about 50 and some less if u have some of the things u need and look in the right places and for deals. ok this is long now soo .. im sure u get the hint this may have even been covered butt doesnt hurt to bring it up for other neewbs who rather get to work then search for hours for the right info if any bikes been done already lets see how they look .. lets see creativity and clean bikes not bikes over sprayed and hacked lets see progression.. i just got a 2002 mint storage its whole like guy got for his son new been ridden about 4 times and sat in garage .. i rode this blaster with drum brakes and it stopped on the dime .. could lick off the shocks .. though just tonite added polished rims and blackwaters and kawasaki lakota front shocks flipped front rims for slight wider blocked off oil injection removed tors new plug and fluids added old set of hand guards set of old vforces i had from prev bike and im leaving motor stock as well as exhaust .. gona do body .. sadly this stock blaster has more pep then piped crappers ive bought on cl .. its sad butt i love that