Puddle of gas beneath blaster?!?!?!

xjma

So I haven't been able to get on the blaster in a while, probably over 2 months. It sits in the basement with a small walkout garage door. The gas was on, but it's never been a problem before. I'm guessing it came out an overflow, but why?? No different temp swings now than in the past few months....

I guess I should probably use the off switch on the fuel petcock.

Could it be gunk building up in the carb/float bowl that made this happen???

If needles and seats are not used for a while they can develop a sort of varnish coating which could make the fuel creep past the needle.

When storing it is a good idea to turn off the petcock and drain the float bowl.

Ok, so it's normal, haha. Probably finally building some of that damn varnish up!! I'm pretty sure it just happened suddenly as it wasn't there on friday morning when I was loading up my ice fishing gear, and I just noticed the big puddle tonight.

I guess I should get in the habit of turning the fuel off...and drain the bowl, but I never expect to not be using it for so long!!

I've dealt with the damn varnish in the past...suck! I actually have a brand new needle and seat that I'll probably throw in as I scratched some of the coating off of the old one a while ago while cleaning....and every few weeks the needle would stick closed, so I would clean it again and it would work....finally got the part and hadn't had the issue since!!

Thanx for the help.

I guess I should have put stabilizer in the fuel....but ofcourse I didn't intend for it to sit as long as it did! Kinda got pissed off about using stabilizer as I was putting away the generator (which has gotten too much use this year!!), added some gas to the tank, poured in some stabilizer and in with it went the cardboard 'gasket' from the cap of the stabilizer!!! Couldn't fish it out so I left it, bring it outside to get the stabilized gas into the carb, run it and it runs well and then shuts down....then starts back up no problem and runs for a minute, adn dies again! I have a good feeling it's sucking the cardboard piece into the intake and shutting off the gas for a minute, killing the motor!!!! DOH!!!