Blaster wont start

Blaster-Boy58

Mar 18, 2021
There's probably a lot of threads on this topic.. But I just wanted to ask about my specific situation. So I can't get this thing to start without starting fluid I know its terrible to use so I don't want to do it anymore. When it was started with the fluid it would go through gears, little power but no powerband. This thing is really frustrating me. Compression is good 120 psi 10 kicks at full throttle. Just put in v force 4 reed cage after I had it started with staring fluid, no powerband issue cause I found the oem original reed cage was bad and hoping that was the problem but it wasn't. I started to do the tors delete in the wires but haven't drilled the hole in the carb or switched the throttle cable yet. I'm guessing that wouldn't be an issue?? Cleaned the carb and took it apart about a million times now. Air screw is 2 turns out. tried putting on a whole different carb that didn't work. It has spark but seems like there's no gas getting to the plug. It's not wet or even smells like gas. My one neighbor keeps saying the rings are bad but I feel like if the rings are bad it wouldn't have good compression. Anyone have ideas? Please helppppp

Last edited:
Not sure of the brand compression tester it belongs to a friend of mine but we have used it a couple times on different stuff. No air compressor to clean it pilot jet looked a little clogged in between the million times I took it apart so I blew it out looks fine now. I don't know anything else to look at. If the compression was bad would it still start with staring fluid?

Starting fluid is good for diagnosing problems.
Some compression testers aren't very accurate.
If you have a pre 03 all you have to do is unplug the TORS brain, only 3 wire plug under the hood

It's a 2000 tors is unplugged. The other day I had it started again with staring fluid and had it idling for a while and heard clicking noise from the v force reed cage. Seemed like it was idling fine though sounded good other than the clicking, no heavy white or blue smoke. Turned it off and started up 1st kick a couple times. Went out the next day and no start again....

I'm not really good with electrical so how would I bypass the switches. I was thinking before maybe the keyway or kill switch isn't working as it should

Either get a Flyers Repair manual or find the PDF, it's in general repair section.
Don't quote me but I think the kill switch you disconnect, key switch you connect the two wire in the harness on bike side.